Elementary School Associate Teacher (be considered for future openings)
- Job posted by Achievement Prep
Details: Commensurate with Experience
908 Wahler Place, SE
The Associate Teacher is an aspiring or new teacher who works with a specific advisory to ensure children receive the support and engagement necessary to excel as high-achieving scholars. S/he supports the Lead Teacher in all aspects of planning, instruction, and assessment. The Associate Teacher receives coaching and mentorship from a Lead Teacher and instructional leadership to be successful and grow professionally.
Reports to: Dean of Curriculum & Instruction
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program, which includes preparing needed materials and supplies
- Lead small-group instruction in partnership with the Lead Teacher
- Uphold the Achievement Prep standard for classroom management and instruction when the teacher is absent
- Work with Lead Teacher in maintaining a clean and orderly classroom
- Participate in program planning and communicate observations to others
- Communicate observations and/or concerns regarding scholars’ physical and psychological status to appropriate individuals
- Complete data collection in an appropriate, accurate, and timely manner
- Play an active role in community spaces (i.e. lunch supervision, hallway posts, dismissal facilitation, etc.)
- Implement Achievement Prep behavior system with fidelity
- Support the facilitation of school-wide testing and examinations
- Attend all daily morning staff meetings and applicable weekly grade-level meetings
- Participate in all staff professional development sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Maintenance of School and Organizational Culture
- Fully integrate into the school community and assume additional school-wide responsibilities to ensure a strong culture
- Collaborate with staff to advance the school’s mission and communicate that mission to its constituents
- Adhere to and enforce school-wide protocols and policies
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities, inside and outside of the school
- Assume extracurricular responsibilities, if desired
Above all, we are looking for individuals who
- Possess an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development of all scholars.
- Commit to carrying out our mission on a daily basis.
- Embody and model our core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Manage time, tasks, deadlines and responsibilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of personal accountability for student growth and academic results
- Openness to give and receive feedback to facilitate the growth and achievement of both scholars and faculty
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with urban children
- At least one year of teaching experience preferred (teacher aide, teacher assistant, teaching fellow, etc.)
Minimum Education Required