2759 Webster Avenue
Part of the Solution (POTS) helps low-income individuals and families access a range of services to help them move from crises associated with poverty to stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency. Annually, POTS serves more than 30,000 people, including 9,000 children. Currently, services include a Community Dining Room; a Food Pantry; Clothing Room, Shower, and Mail Facilities; Barbershop; Case Management; Employment Services, Comprehensive Case Management, a Legal Clinic; and the POTS Family Club. POTS also holds a variety of seasonal distributions for items such as back-to-school supplies, Thanksgiving turkeys, and holiday gifts.
About the position
The Grant Writer will work with a team of four development staff to raise $3.5MM in operating funds annually and support a capital campaign. The Grant Writer will focus on the following:
· Grant writing and reporting: Manage the grant research, identification, writing, and reporting process for the full spectrum of institutional donors inclusive of foundations, corporations, and government.
· Research and planning: Develop and maintain relationships with POTS’ existing and potential major institutional and government funders through active research, planning and the development of individualized cultivation plans.
· Communications and Fundraising Logistics: Provide support for development priorities at high need times of year or events.
· 2-4 years of grant-writing or related experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent writing skills
· Able to take ideas of others and transform them into writing
· Thorough research, time management and planning skills
· Meticulous attention to detail and an eye for grammar and formatting
· Comfort with MS Office
· Experience working in a human services organization
· Enjoys interaction with the diverse stakeholders in a nonprofit organization, including donors, volunteers, media and staff
· For special purposes, occasionally willing to work on weekends or after hours.
POTS is hiring a full time staff member for this position.
POTS provides health, dental and vision benefits and a 401(k) plan with employer provided contributions after one year for full time employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject “Grant Writer.” The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's qualifications and salary requirements.
POTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. POTS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.