We are seeking a passionate, dedicated, and experienced administrative professional to support our Development, Finance, and Human Resources teams. The Administrative Coordinator will support regular weekly, monthly, and seasonal tasks for each of these departments – this will entail a regular schedule of tasks and projects to ensure clarity and communication for the work at hand.
The Administrative Coordinator actively engages in Mary’s Place racial equity work – striving for racially equitable outcomes and taking responsibility for creating, maintaining, and affirming communities for people of color, immigrants and refugees, trans and gender-non-conforming people, and other populations who routinely encounter systemic oppressions.
While working closely with the lead of each team (Development, Human Resources and Finance), this position reports to the Chief Finance Officer. This position supervises the Custodial Intern based at the Hub. The Administrative Coordinator works on-site at Mary’s Place main administrative offices (the Hub).
• Responsible for working with the Senior Accounting Clerk to complete the daily bank deposits.
• Responsible for the distribution, reconciliation, and reporting of various government assistance programs, Goodwill gift cards, and other gift cards as needed to support the Housing and Diversion teams and the Development team.
• Responsible for bi-weekly paycheck distribution.
• Assist the finance team with filing and timesheet tracking for staff during payroll processing periods.
• Manage new employee physical items including creating the new hire name badge if required, issuing parking pass, maintaining inventory of new employee t-shirts, and coordinating package delivery.
• Manage the Development team shared calendars in Outlook, and serve as the point of contact for external requests to schedule Mary’s Place speakers.
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer as needed.
• Attend Development team meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes for regular team meetings.
• Provide as-needed backup coverage for monitoring and routing incoming requests to the Development team’s email account.
• Provide oversight of seasonal administrative projects, for example:
o Provide logistical support for the year-end Giving Tree campaign, including responding to inquiries and tracking gift lists and tags.
o Support the Special Events team with as-needed tasks such as coordinating deliveries, preparing materials and gift bags, and staffing events.
o Prepare and collate other development materials for development team members.
o Assist with in-house mailings, tributes, thank you letters, and thank you cards during periods of heavy gift volume.
• Provide administrative support for workers compensation (L&I) claims.
• Coordinate HR scanning and filing of sensitive documents.
• May assist with or coordinate training attendance and record keeping for Mary’s Place staff.
• Coordinate delivery of anniversary gifts and other recognitions to Mary’s Place staff.
• Assist with other HR and Recruiting administrative tasks as needed
Provide support for the main administrative office at the Hub
• Maintain a presence at the front desk to answer the door, greet visitors and assist staff in answering questions as needed.
• Serve as the point of contact for all incoming/outgoing regular mail and deliveries to/from the Hub location. Make regular trips to the post office as needed.
• Set up and maintain the inter-office system to facilitate deliveries to Mary’s Place sites. Ensure regular communication with Site Directors to ensure packages, donations, and mail are being picked up in a timely manner and that they are delivered securely.
• Serve as the point person for office equipment scheduling and maintenance.
• Maintain inventory and place orders for office supplies at the Hub.
• Supervise the custodial intern through the Mary’s Place EmpowerU internship program.
• AA or equivalent experience
• 2+ years in an administrative support role; experience supporting multiple groups or individuals, including leadership roles, is preferred
• Proven track record to demonstrate a high level of discretion and judgment, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, donor information, and HR/Finance records at all times
• Highly organized; manages time and prioritizes effectively, with the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities at once and adapt to changing needs
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations of the leaders and staff of Finance, Development and HR teams; able to speak up to communicate conflicting timelines and needs at times
• Ability to excel in a collaborative and fast-paced environment as well as in working independently
• Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect
• Experience and accuracy in data entry (such as lists of names and addresses)
• High level skills in Microsoft Office suite
• Experience and comfort operating standard office equipment (computers, phone systems, mail machine, photocopier)
• Highly motivated, resourceful, flexible
• Possesses a positive attitude, calm demeanor, and sense of humor, even under pressure
• Strong understanding of and commitment to the Mary’s Place mission of empowering women, children, and families experiencing homelessness and of Mary’s Place commitment to equity and diversity
• Ability to converse with and listen to people in many different settings
• Ability to use a computer and telephone, as well as other standard office equipment
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
• Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry supplies up to 25 pounds
• Work takes place in a social services environment where long periods of sitting, working on a computer, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, and standing are required
• Travel to program sites and meetings outside the site and around the county may be necessary on occasion
• Ability to work in an environment where there may be animals present, including dogs
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. Mary’s Place will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship to Mary’s Place would result.
Mary’s Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are seeking a passionate, dedicated, and experienced administrative professional to support our Development, Finance, and Human Resources teams. The Administrative Coordinator will support regular weekly, monthly, and seasonal tasks…
Mary's Place offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
• Medical and dental insurance with the cost for core employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and competitive family rates
• Unlimited use ORCA pass for a small deduction per pay period
• 10 days paid time off (PTO) each calendar year
• 10 days of sick time each calendar year (accrued by pay period)
• 10 paid holidays (your choice of holidays to celebrate))
• Retirement plan with employer matching for fulltime employees
• Life insurance policy for fulltime employees
• Employee Assistance Program
Mary's Place offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
• Medical and dental insurance with the cost for core employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and competitive…