This full-time position is responsible for helping plan and execute projects to achieve the goals of this organization. Responsibilities include the implementation of comprehensive, statewide, nutrition education initiatives, the collection of high-quality resources and the development of quality education for nutrition educators and other public health professionals. Development and implementation of the above will be administered through assessing the nutritional needs and available resources within the community/state. This includes taking the population’s economic and financial status into account.
208 North Third Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Meets annual goals and objectives set by PA NEN Executive Director.
- Work with staff and partner organizations to effectively market program and recruit participants, if applicable.
- Maintain current schedule, record-keeping, and program outcome/evaluation reporting for all projects and initiatives as per grant guidelines.
- Work with Executive Director to maintain strong and positive relationships with program partners.
- Assist with developing, revising, and reviewing nutrition education materials for the website, social media and other documents targeting low-income families.
- Contribute to the collection of materials for the e-Newsletter and the Be Healthy VIP
- Lead the Healthy Recipe Partnership Initiative and corresponding reporting
- Lead negotiations and manage all aspects of the event and webinar planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors, venue selection, menu development, printing and design of materials, and budget tracking.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary and/or virtual platforms
- Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Executive Director for each event and webinar project.
- Work with the Professional Development Committee to select speakers for PA NEN’s annual conference and other workshops/webinars.
- Develop and oversee a Food Alliance Committee
- Lead the Professional Development Committee
- Participates in departmental and organizational mandatory in-services.
- Participates in community health care events as time permits and grant allows.
- Maintain Registered Dietitian status (RD) and Pennsylvania licensure including continuing professional education per the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Professional Development Portfolio and PA State Board of Nursing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, flexibility, organizational skills, and ability to complete directives and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working with in low-income communities
- Personal commitment to promoting and being a role model for healthy eating and physical activity
- Capable of physical aspects of work. Some heavy lifting required, must be able to lift 20 pounds when transporting program materials.
- Proficiency with using email and MS Office applications to communicate information with team members
- Clear child abuse, criminal history check and FBI clearance
- Must be willing to travel locally. Valid driver’s license, insurance and car are beneficial. Mileage reimbursement provided according to funding guidelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of public health theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with SNAP population a plus
- Experience with Web communications, webinars, publishing, usability and/or social media is a plus
- Experience with low-income programs and customers
- Project management and customer/member service experience
- Active Registered Dietitian status with the Commission on Dietetic Registration / Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with a Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree from an accredited Institution with a focus of Foods and Nutrition.
- Current licensure through the state of Pennsylvania and maintains licensure.
- Commensurate with education and experience.