Associate Director of Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- Job posted by San Francisco Community Health Center
730 Polk Street, 4th Floor
This position directly oversees all of the mental health and substance use programs at the agency. The Associate Director focuses on administrative leadership, while providing clinical treatment and supervising staff.
A. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Practice as a licensed mental health clinician within the state of California
· Lead implementation and mental health and substance use services at the agency
· Recruit, train, supervise, coach and evaluate program staff
· Conduct intake, assessment and reassessment of clients, including psychosocial and cognitive assessments for a caseload of individuals with mental health and substance use disorders
· Develop and continually update client care plans and develop appropriate discharge plans
· Complete necessary documentation and report on units of service (UOS), third party payer billing, and treatment plans in a timely manner
· Work collaboratively with leadership to bring the clinic to the standards of a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Federally Qualified Health Center, and other regulatory & clinical standards of care.
· Lead the development and implementation of MH/SU policies and procedures with support from the Clinical Supervisor and Department Director
· Participate in the maintenance of an effective electronic health record system
· Participate in case conferences, regular staff meetings and in-service trainings
· Participate in continuous quality improvement measures including evaluation of clinical treatment, clinical outcomes, and practice benchmarks
· Be an active member of the agencies crisis response team
· Perform other duties as needed
B. Minimum Qualifications:
· LCSW, LMFT or Psy D or equivalent
· Experience supervising staff and students
· Experience working in a community health center and knowledge of federal and state policies governing the administration of a community health center preferred.
· Experience in assessing and managing the psychosocial needs of low-income populations, multiply-diagnosed patients (HIV, mental disorder and substance abuse), sexual and gender minorities, immigrants and refugees
· Three years of experience with harm reduction, client-centered counseling, motivational interviewing, and other evidence-based treatment approaches
· Three years of experience working in interdisciplinary teams. Must be able to work independently and have an adaptable working style and be a strong contributor to team performance
· Demonstrated reliability and good interpersonal, organizational, verbal, written communication skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have ability to work professionally and ethically within multi-racial and multicultural settings
· Be able to provide customer service in an effective, courteous and friendly manner and meet the needs of diverse clientele
· Knowledge of legal mandates and ethical issues related to client privacy and confidentiality
· Ability to take after-hours and weekend on-call coverage and crisis intervention
· Experience and knowledge of working with underserved and marginalized populations preferred.
B. Preferred Qualifications:
· Familiarity with data systems such as ARIES, Avatar, electronic health record systems like e clinical works and Medi-Cal documentation requirements
· Involuntary Hold/5150 certification
· Fluency in English and Spanish
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick leave and holidays, one-month sabbatical, 403(b) with employer match, flexible work schedule, flex spending account, life insurance, long-term disability, professional development opportunities and more! (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure, employment status and FTE, among other factors.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: ONLY applications submitted through our online database will be considered.
Please include both your cover letter and resume when prompted to insert your resume in the database here: