Details: The National Veterans Memorial and Museum offers a competitive salary
The National Veterans Memorial and Museum (NVMM) is currently under construction in Columbus, Ohio, representing a national initiative of profound importance for our nation’s 20+ million living veterans. There is no single monument or museum dedicated to the veteran’s experience in the US today. With 30,000 square feet available for exhibit space, this new institution will celebrate the service and honor the sacrifice of veterans throughout history. Envisioned by the late Senator John Glenn (1921-2016), Colonel, USMC (Retired), as a gathering place for veterans across the country, the museum is scheduled to open to the public in fall 2018. NVMM will present the veteran experience through the lens of personal stories and life-changing experiences from which visitors will be inspired to learn more about our country’s history and actively engage in their own communities as informed citizens.
The IT Manager will report to the Associate Director Operations. This position will have the responsible to plan and manage the IT infrastructure and operations of a national museum, including technologies that support public programming, communications, and organizational systems and procedures.
The NVMM is recruiting for an experienced IT Manager to manage the day-to-day activities of its Information Technology (IT) operations. This is an exciting opportunity within a start-up environment with unique opportunities for a seasoned IT expert to help establish systems and protocols of a robust portfolio, including but limited to staff needs, on-site museum needs, and a national audience who engages online. The successful candidate must have a proven and verifiable track record of evaluating and establishing technology solutions, preferably in support of a contemporary, state-of-the-art cultural organization. The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking IT professional with a strong background in desk-top support, systems set-up, and systems maintenance. The successful candidate will work well on cross-functional teams, be adaptive, and thrive within a start-up environment.
The Position of IT Manager provides guidance and expertise on all things IT-related to senior leadership of the NVMM. The IT Manager is responsible for managing vendors brought on to support NVMM mission and programming. They are responsible for coordinating the planning, design, and development of IT services which includes enterprise applications, security, network and server infrastructure, website, telecommunications, telephone services, help desk (<27 end users) and project support. The position works with Institution senior leaders, NVMM staff, local partners, and vendors to support the business needs and ensure the NVMM is effectively managing all IT related assets and resources.
· Establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology function of the NVMM
· Develop RFP for museum website, review and assess proposals, guide selection process; development of website includes consideration of requisite server needs
· Guide the design, development and launch of the NVMM website
· Maintain NVMM website
· Plan, organize, manage, and monitor all IT projects including new applications development projects and establishing infrastructure
· Advise senior leadership on opportunities and risks associated with technology; Act as a trusted advisor by building and maintaining relationships across teams
· Ensure projects are planned, organized, monitored, and delivered on time and within budget, satisfy customer business needs, and effectively use IT staff resources
· Execute a data-centric strategy and drive digital transformation across the organization
· Provide assessment and direction on emerging technologies to ensure the NVMM’s IT capabilities respond to the digital business strategy; monitor and analyze technology and trends that could improve the Institution
· Be responsible for cybersecurity oversight and incident response plan
· Develop, implement, and monitor management information systems, policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security and legal and regulatory compliance, including a cloud-based distributed file system
· Negotiate with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products in coordination with Procurement Department
· Develop, maintain, and test the technology related to disaster recovery plans, and participate in agency contingency planning
· Coordinate the development of an IT strategy and roadmap that aligns with the Institution’s long-term strategic plan
Other duties as assigned.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees of the organization are expected to fulfill the following:
· Gain a general understanding of United States veterans
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, constituents and vendors.
· Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Master’s degree in computer science, computer/information technology
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology or a related field of business administration AND Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies and specialized experience below:
· Attention to Detail
· Customer Service
· Oral Communication
· Problem Solving
· Have one year of experience specialized experience which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include experience assisting senior IT Specialist with the administration, maintenance and support of Information Technology (IT) systems; hardware and software administration, maintenance and support.
· At least five years of experience supporting a multitude of IT functions within an organization
· Demonstrated expertise in managing a complex information technology program
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Familiarity with Oracle and Microsoft applications and tools
· Knowledge of the open market telecommunications industry
· Ability to formulate and implement major information technology programs and policy initiatives, and to guide decision making for an organization in the accomplishment of short and long term objectives
· Project management experience monitoring and evaluating contractor activities covering organization-wide systems
· Extensive experience in the design and implementation of business process improvements, information technology, budgeting, and resource management.
NVMM is Committed to Equality
The NVMM is committed to diversity in hiring and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Licenses and Certifications:
(Preferred by not required)
· Amazon Web Services
· Project Management Professional
· Microsoft (Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSA/MCSE, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, etc.)
· Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
· Cisco (CCNA, CCDA, CCNA Security)
· PMP Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
The National Veterans Memorial and Museum offers a comprehensive package of benefits that includes retirement, health and dental insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please be sure to include the title of the position, IT Manager, in the subject of the email. No phone calls will be accepted. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history.