The National Immigration Forum (the Forum) advocates for the value of immigrants and immigration to the nation.
Founded in 1982, the Forum plays a leading role in the national debate about immigration, knitting together innovative alliances across diverse faith, law enforcement, veterans and business constituencies in communities across the country. Coming together under the Forum’s leadership, these alliances develop and execute legislative and administrative policy positions and advocacy strategies.
Leveraging our policy, advocacy and communications expertise, the Forum works for comprehensive immigration and sound border security policies, balanced enforcement of immigration laws and ensuring that new Americans have the opportunities, skills, and status to reach their full potential.
Visit our website at www.ImmigrationForum.org for more information about the Forum.
Chief of Staff
Exempt or Non-Exempt
The Director of Development and Marketing is responsible for the alignment and execution of all fundraising and marketing strategies across the organization in order to grow our donor base and increase public awareness of the Forum’s work. Working closely with the Executive Director and senior staff, the Director will create and implement a multi-year marketing and fundraising plan that includes major donor, corporate, foundation, special events, presentations, electronic and direct mail and collateral efforts that support and advance the organization’s vision and work. This role requires a focus on organization, quality and attention to detail.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a comprehensive approach to the Forum’s audiences that positions the organization’s unique capabilities, identifies and advances prospective donors and allies, and converts and retains those prospects over time.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising and marketing plan, with defined goals, objectives and timelines, which is aligned with the Forum’s vision and strategic direction.
- Manage dashboard of revenue-related performance measures that monitor results, demonstrate change over time through year-to-year comparisons, and provide accurate and timely information to decision-makers.
- Lead brand development, including positioning, brand and visual assets, messaging on the organization and its mission.
- Oversee the development of marketing and fundraising materials, including event promotion and sponsorship solicitations, presentations, appeal letters, donor engagement material, annual reports, letters of inquiry, marketing collateral, and proposals, ensuring high-quality output.
- Oversee the execution of fundraising events, including annual awards event, and donor briefings and meetings.
- Work closely with senior staff to fully leverage marketing and development opportunities, initiatives and messaging.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy among senior staff and throughout the organization, ensuring that organizational culture and systems support marketing and development.
- Provide leadership and management to the development and marketing team
- Engage the Board of Directors in fundraising activities; support and advise members of the Board on their fundraising efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legal and ethical standards and guidelines.
- Supervise the marketing and development staff and interns.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates are to have a Bachelors’ degree and seven to ten years of progressively responsible marketing and development experience, preferably in a nonprofit, with solid achievement in constructing and implementing multi-year strategic marketing and development plans. Preference given to those holding a Master’s degree or CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) accreditation.
This position also requires:
- Strong organizational, writing, communication and interpersonal skills, innovative and creative thinking;
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- The ability and credibility to lead others coupled with the humility to know when to put a colleague forward to achieve the best results for the organization.
- An understanding of how marketing and development cut across the entirety of the organization;
- An ability to connect the dots of individual donor development, with a sense of what donors would be interested in and at what point; and
- A commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ability to communicate an inspired vision or sense of core purpose.
Negotiable - depending on experience. The National Immigration Forum offers a very competitive salary and benefits package.
The National Immigration Forum is an equal opportunity employer and women, people of color and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are encouraged to apply on or before August 31, 2018; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com and include “Director of Development and Marketing” in the subject line.
Applications submitted without the required information will not be considered.