New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Richmond or Northern Virginia
New Virginia Majority is looking for a Development Associate to be part of New Virginia Majority’s fundraising efforts, grant tracking, and diversification of income sources to support our vital programs.
- Work with Development Director to produce foundation proposals and reports.
- Develop and maintain systems to track and evaluate progress.
- Work closely with staff to design and implement grassroots (email, members and small donors) fundraising program.
- Timely administration of donor acknowledgement letters
- Data entry
- Coordinate events
- Perform other duties as required.
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission of social, racial, and economic justice.
- Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on multiple levels.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines; able to develop and move projects forward with autonomy.
- Self-motivated and works well both independently and on a team.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English languages a plus.
Salaries are competitive. Salary range is $35,000 - $45,000, commensurate with experience, and comes with an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name and preferred location in the subject header.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to applicants whose candidacy is not being pursued. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organizes in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.