The New York Foundling (the "Foundling") is one of the oldest, largest and most well-respected human services agencies in New York. Established as a home for abandoned children, the Foundling has been saving children, preserving families, and building communities since 1869. The Foundling's focus is on child welfare and the developmentally disabled and creating a community where each child, youth and adult enjoys the safe, stable and support relationships needed to reach his or her full physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential. We have over 1300 employees located in every borough of New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties and in Puerto Rico.
We are currently looking to for a Supervisor in our Treatment Family Foster Care (TFFC) Queens Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supervises TFFC unit comprised of 2-3 Case Planners and 2-3 Socio therapists.
2. Works with program intake to match children with foster parents.
3. Ensures necessary/mandated child and parent contacts are completed timely and consistently by assigned staff in unit. Including but not limited to with schools, mental health agencies, drug treatment programs, and other providers.
4. Oversees each placement, finalizes individual treatment plans for children after discussion with foster parents and staff, monitors each case, and updates treatment plans as necessary.
5. Co-leads monthly treatment team meetings on each caseload.
6. Provides 24 hour on-call assistance when scheduled one week per month.
7. Ensures adherence to all city and state mandates, including documentation of necessary contacts by caseworkers.
8. Approves court reports, permanency hearing reports and FASPs, and completes these reports/attends court/occasionally completes home visits in times of case planner vacancies.
9. Participates in model specific consultation where applicable
10. Instructs, guides and evaluates performance of assigned staff on a consistent basis.
11. Regular and punctual time and attendance, and adherence to The Foundling’s and your department’s specific time and attendance policies and protocol.
12. Consistent demonstrated commitment to The Foundling’s BHAG, mission, vision and values (Compassion, Dignity, Family and Community, Diversity, Excellence).
13. Adherence to The Foundling’s employee policies, Code of Conduct and applicable rules, laws, regulations or bargaining agreements.
14. Appropriate engagement with support departments to ensure appropriate and timely hiring, performance management, investigation, discipline, suspension, and restructuring decisions concerning direct reports. Regular supervision and performance evaluation of direct reports.
15. Any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned.
· MA/MS/MSW required.
· LMSW/LCSW highly preferred.
· 2+ years of foster care experience with therapeutic foster care experience preferred and NYC foster care experience required
· 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Understanding of and enthusiasm for the TFFC model
· Strong organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to function in a team setting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Foundling offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, tuition reimbursement, in-service training, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries. We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying on our website at www.nyfoundling.org/about/jobs/. The position is listed as Supervisor, req # 18-0750.