Details: The starting salary is $56 - 58k ($26.92 to $27.88 per hour.)
1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway
QM Quality Matters, Inc. (QM) is a non-profit organization providing online education quality assurance, in part, through the application of quantitatively standardized rubrics. QM works across all levels of educational institutions to facilitate the improvement of online learning and the course review process. QM provides professional development workshops, certification courses for institutions and education professionals to maintain quality assurance in online learning.
We’re looking for a full-time Instructional Design Specialist to support our professional development department. This is a remote position.*
At QM, you’ll work with awesome people when you join our team of super smart, kind, funny, gritty, determined, and optimistic folks. We work hard, celebrate victories large and small, and have your back through it all. We encourage you to tackle new responsibilities as they evolve. You’ll find a diverse culture of inclusiveness here because it matters.
The QM Instructional Design Specialist (IDS) designs certification courses and workshops following approved QM procedures. The IDS creates an engaging learning environment encouraging participant involvement through individual feedback and coaching.
The ideal Instructional Design Specialist candidate will possess a Master’s degree in instructional design or related field and four or more years' experience with online learning development training methodologies and online education, including the design, creation, delivery, and evaluation of both synchronous and asynchronous online learning courses using multimedia and web-based applications. S/he is self-driven, comfortable working independently and possesses effective multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
Design, develop, and maintain online, face-to-face (F2F) workshops, and certification courses in collaboration with the Professional Development team to support QM principles and strengthen the QM Brand.
Additional success factors for the position include the following responsibilities:
- Conduct needs analysis and strategic learning assessments to support the basis for curriculum development.
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives and develop alignment maps which follow the QM Rubric.
- Creatively design and update instructional materials for Face-to-Face (F2F), online workshops and certification courses utilizing QM standards and innovative technology to engage participants.
- Implement theory into practice, adapt instructional design, models or delivery methods for different levels or types of learning theories.
- Research and evaluate emerging instructional technologies or methods, and maintain skillset based on industry advances in technology and education.
- Recommend changes to curricula or delivery methods, based on instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements.
- Coordinate with all QM program leads (K-12 in particular) to ensure program-specific workshops are developed and improved to meet program-specific needs.
- Coordinate with the Professional Development Manager, PD Registrar, Facilitators, and Trainer Mentor as necessary to enforce QM standards, policies and practices across the curriculum.
- Attend in-person QM conferences and any required organizational or planning meetings.
- This exempt full-time position is eligible to participate in the QM benefit package after 90 days.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 100% Employer-sponsored Life Insurance, ADD and LTD Insurance.
- Generous PTO including vacation, sick leave and 11 holidays per year.
- We offer a 401k retirement plan with a 4% annual employer matching contribution.
- You may also qualify for the Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program depending on the type of loans you hold.
- No commuting time or costs!
Level of Language Proficiency
*Residency Requirement and Work Schedule
- QM operates a virtual office with remote staff in 15 states. While the daily location for this position is flexible, QM is only able to consider applications from current residents of the states in which we are registered; CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, KS, MI, MD, MO, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, WA.
- Regardless of physical location, all QM employees are required to be available to attend the synchronous core schedule of M-F, 10a-3p, ET and participate in weekly virtual staff meetings. (Exceptions on a per case basis).
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to provide proof of both identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification forms. QM regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, or related field.
- A minimum of three years' experience with online learning development, training methodologies and online education, including the design, creation, delivery, and evaluation of both synchronous and asynchronous online learning courses using multimedia and web-based applications.
- A minimum of one year experience with education in adult learning theory is required.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of the QM Rubric.
- Disciplined self-starter, highly productive in a virtual environment, as evidenced by past success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently.
- Must have reliable access to insured transportation.
- Must have access to reliable high speed internet.
Required Technology Proficiencies:
- A minimum of Three (3) years’ experience creating online courses in a Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert user of email and real-time digital communication tools.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience using Google applications.
- Willingness to learn new software packages that support the goals of QM, i.e. Alfresco, Zoom, SoftChalk, Drupal, CourseArc, Snagit, video and audio formats, file system naming protocols and management
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Place “Instructional Designer Position” in the subject line of your email.
Attach your word .doc resume and cover letter to your email, as one document, titled with your last name, first initial, and include an answer to why you believe that you would be a good fit for this role and QM (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities). Please include where you heard about the position.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will close by Aug 19, 2018, (11:59 pm ET) or when 100 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. Early submission is recommended. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
QM is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our team members and work to create an environment where everyone can reach his or her full potential and achieve outstanding results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identification or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
Resumes, emails or applications submitted directly to QM managers, staff or after the noted cutoff date and time will not be considered. Upon submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
Due to the high volume of applications QM receives, we regret that we are unable to reply to application status update requests. However, if you are selected for an interview opportunity, you will generally be contacted within two weeks of the position closing date.