Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and Multi-drug resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are concentrated in low- and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Please visit our website atwww.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Finance Manager, Public Health Programs. The Program Finance Manager will be responsible for the contractual, financial and some of the reporting aspects of the Public Health Programs. The Program Finance Manager will report to the Senior Grants Manager, Public Health Programs and work closely with the Deputy Director, Budget and Grants Management. The Grants Manager will also collaborate with technical staff. The position is based in New York City. Applicants must possess a valid working permit to work in New York City.
- Ensures the accuracy, quality and timeliness of all financial transactions charged to Public Health programs
- Supervises a team of four Grants Assistants
- Reviews Monthly Budget Reconciliation and Expense Projection Reports prepared by Grants Assistants
- Serves as Program and Accounting supervisory contact regarding any problems with payment submissions
- Approves fund transfers to subgrantees
- Reviews contractual agreements prior to submission to contractees
- Reviews coding for monthly and quarterly reports
- Completes monthly cash flow reports
- Provides Program team with payment status updates via weekly Excel Payment Report
- Trains and checks work of Grants Assistants on coding and reconciliation of grantee quarterly reports
- Assists Senior Grants Manager with data collection for the development of new proposal budgets and narratives for Public Health Programs
- Trains Program staff on Finance Department procedures and appropriate project budget codes to ensure submission of accurate reimbursement, expense
Qualifications and skill set:
- Minimum 5 years in accounting, finance, audit and grants management, including at least 2 years’ experience in managerial roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced expertise in MS Excel including proficiency in using pivot tables, V-lookups
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong capacity building skills
Vital Strategies offers competitive compensation for full-time employees and pro-rata for part-time employees based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where Vital Strategies pays generously towards the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 15 paid vacation days (rising to 20 paid vacation days from fourth year of service and 25 from seventh year onwards), 13 paid federal holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid sick days; retirement savings plan; commuter benefits and basic life and personal accident insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter, including your salary requirements to email@example.com indicating the position applied for in the subject line. Closing date for applications is November 8, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.