Manager/Associate Director, MBA Program Recruitment & Admission
- Job posted by Management Leadership for Tomorrow
7201 Wisconsin Ave
MLT’s MBA programs serve 800+ young professionals each year across our MBA Prep, Accelerated MBA Prep, GMAT Coaching, and MBA Professional Development offerings. As our MBA Program Recruitment and Admissions lead, you will initially focus on our signature MBA Prep program, which has been featured extensively in Fortune, CNN’s “Black in America II”, and many other publications. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in millennial marketing and recruitment, and who wants to pursue that work in an entrepreneurial social impact setting that will prepare you for leadership in a national non-profit organization. You will pursue aggressive targets, while having the flexibility to devise innovative campaigns and other approaches to help us realize our mission to develop a new generation of diverse leaders.
While taking on increasing levels of responsibility, you will work to ensure MLT runs a systematized and scalable operation of Fellow recruitment and marketing, applicant tracking, and program evaluation. You will target pre-MBA young professionals at top firms across the country and leverage our network of 300+ current Career Prep Fellows, 500+ current MBA Fellows, and 7000+ alumni to create a pipeline of candidates for admission. Working in partnership with the Manager of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions and our Marketing team, you will devise and execute marketing strategies, oversee data management and analysis efforts, manage communication streams with program applicants, coordinate the application process, and report on program outcomes. You will also work closely with the MBA Programs Director and the broader team to implement an efficient process for evaluation and selection of applicants in order to drive strong selection outcomes.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will draw on a solid understanding of marketing and recruiting tools and approaches and have the ability to use these skills to attract the right audience, engage them effectively, and motivate them to apply. You will also use your ability to optimize and automate processes to ensure that we are maximizing resource allocation and achieving the best ROI possible for our recruiting efforts. To excel in this role, you will leverage understanding of our target audience to map out the marketing funnel and to create and execute successful campaign strategies that include the right channel mix upfront to ensure strong returns. You are a masterful creator of audience-centered content and messaging and are familiar with the technical aspects of how to use email distribution tools such as MailChimp. You also approach this creative work with a strong analytical foundation and are able to analyze data and use the resulting insights to improve our recruiting efforts. If this description sounds like you, we would be excited to talk to you!
This position is based in our Bethesda office, and will report to the Senior Director, MBA Programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Recruitment for MBA Programs - 75%
- Develop and execute recruitment strategy based on strategic goals and target demographics
- Work with the Marketing team to prepare and distribute recruitment materials via digital media and traditional marketing channels
- Conduct individual candidate outreach via telephone and email as necessary
- Coordinate with corporate partners and MLT alumni to host info sessions to encourage strong referrals/applicants
- Coordinate with GMAT test prep providers to offer value-add content to candidates
- Coordinate with the Alumni Engagement team to communicate the value of MBA to Career Prep alumni as well as to acquire alumni referrals
- Coordinate with undergraduate programs team to introduce current fellows to an MBA
- Present at various MLT events throughout the year regarding MBA Programs for recruitment purposes and host informational webinars
- Work with business school partners to obtain referrals and streamline the referral process and create systems to track all applicant referrals from Fellows, alumni, and partner contacts
- Review a small batch of fellow applications
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Data Management/Analysis - 25%
- Determine year-over-year goal for applications by channel, using prior admission and attrition data, and track and manage progress towards these targets
- Ensure completeness of applicant data in Salesforce prior to each program start date
- Analyze effectiveness of recruitment efforts, by channel, using admissions data
- Partner with Manager of Recruitment and Admissions to ensure adequate composition of the class
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in a growing non-profit or entrepreneurial corporate environment, with at least 2 in recruitment and/or marketing
- Experience using digital marketing tools, such as SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing, and content marketing, to build relationships with prospective customers and motivate them to action
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize effectively to meet project deadlines with exceptional attention to detail, flexibility, and adaptability
- Proven experience organizing, manipulating, analyzing and displaying data using tools such as Google Sheets (or Excel), including pivot tables, charts and graphs, and formulas such as vlookup and countif/sumif
- Proficiency with Salesforce (or other CRM) and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), and presentation skills
- Strong consumer orientation
- Familiarity with the business school landscape preferred
Minimum Education Required