Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For 25 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic and thriving communities.
Our work includes:
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel and connections that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 163 fiscally-sponsored projects and 15 initiatives and manages roughly $44 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, social justice, health, public policy, social services and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
Community Partners seeks a full time Senior Contracts & Grants Associate. Reporting to the Manager of Grants and Contracts, this position supports the department in a variety of roles related to grants and contract administration and other related activities as assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of projects
- Review government agreements and prepare appropriate forms for contract execution
- Review private grant agreements
- Work with projects on budget review for government and private grant submissions
- Submit government grant proposals through on-line system
- Oversee and prepare monthly invoicing for government contracts
- Prepare ad hoc contract invoicing as needed for city, private and school contracts
- Provide guidance to projects on finance portion of required funder reports
- Prepare and lead funder site visits and audits
- Work with manager of grants and contracts to prepare annual audit including special A-133 federal expenditure audit
- Draft MOUs and agreements, as necessary
- Work with manager of grants and contracts to improve grant Database
- Interact with project leaders regarding various financial matters
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Assist department with special projects
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field. Master degree preferred. A minimum of 7 years of experience in grants and contracts administration, specifically with government and private grants.
- Accounting software knowledge required.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skill, be highly attentive to detail, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality due to the nature of the position.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills and professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the institution, as well as with vendors and others
- Familiarity with databases, including accounting and HR software.
The employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, frequently required to walk and stand. The employee must also use his/her hands to operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally climb, stoop, kneel or bend. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform essential job duties.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, metro pass, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to: Jobs@CommunityPartners.org. Please include “Senior Grants & Contracts Associate” and your name in the subject line of your email.