Position Summary: Performs all aspects of fiscal and financial management work on behalf of program and the clients for whom the organization serves as court-appointed Guardian and prepares financial reports by performing the following duties:
- Performs all daily general accounting tasks of the program and the clients it serves, including: check writing, bank deposits and transfers; entering and maintaining computer records on Quicken for bills paid, income received, and assets collected.
- Writes correspondence to financial institutions for the collection of bank accounts and investment accounts.
- Prepares Accounts (Annual, Final, etc.) for presentation to the Court, including providing all financial information requested by Court Examiners or other attorneys.
- Responsible for ordering cash from the bank and maintaining the cash box balanced
- Supervises the distribution of daily living funds to clients.
- Gathers all information necessary for annual filing of client tax returns.
- Maintains departmental financial filing systems and files financial correspondence and other records.
- Prepares client budgets and collaborates with social work staff regarding budgets, assets, income, expenses and other matters.
- Prepares bank Statements for Director to review
- Maintains and reconciles all Investment Accounts in Quicken
- Performs other financial and accounting duties assigned, including billing, payment analysis, etc.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Goes to Supreme Court (all boroughs) to file or collect Court documents
- Assists with inventorying and/or preparing apartments to be surrendered or bringing clients back to apartment
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1. HS Diploma/GED required; Bachelors preferred; experience accepted as substitute
- 2. Problem solving abilities while multi-tasking; ability to exercise sound judgment
- 3. Strong computer skills