Who We Are
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grantmaking and direct services in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment and the environment. Values that drive our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
Hispanic Federation is offering an exciting opportunity to join our development team as the Government Grants Writer. This position plays a key role in the team as we work to expand our government grants portfolios to support the mission, programs, and policy advocacy work of Hispanic Federation.
The successful candidate understands the intricacies of program and budget development, is a persuasive writer and a strategic thinker. We are looking for a detailed oriented individual with government granting expertise and strong work ethic. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for working with internal and external parties to organize the various components of our government grant requests to reach organizational goals.
Position Location: New York City
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization.
· Research grant opportunities from local, state and federal government.
· Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposals and coordinating or attending meetings.
· Gather and format information needed for grants.
· Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
· Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
· Submit proposals to leadership for approval.
· Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
· Maintain positive relationships with program staff, funders and other stakeholders.
· Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
· Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related field
· Minimum of five years government grant writing experience in a multiservice organization.
· Proven track record of achieving revenue targets of over $5M annually primarily from government sources.
· Strong understanding of Latino and social justice issues.
· Ability to work well under pressure synthesizing information in a compelling and succinct form for contract officers and other officials.
· Strong background in research, organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to write and present clearly and persuasively.
· High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
· Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, and Google.
· Bilingual is an asset (English and Spanish).
Who We Are
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grantmaking and direct services in the…
Compensation comes with a robust benefits package with subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance , 403(B) retirement plan, access to flexible spending and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Compensation comes with a robust benefits package with subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance , 403(B) retirement plan, access to flexible spending and pre-tax commuter…
Please submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications and one (1) writing sample via e-mail to email@example.com with “Grant Writer, Government Contracts” in the subject line. No telephone calls and only selected candidates will be contacted.
Hispanic Federation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against actual or perceived race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation and/or other protected categories.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications and one (1) writing sample via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Writer…