263 W. 86th St
West Side Campaign Against Hunger (WSCAH)
263W. 86th Street
New York, NY 10024
Job Title: Senior Director of Finance and Administration
Status: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
An innovative food pantry and counseling service on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, seeks a Senior Director to assist in its mission of WSCAH and its 25 staff and 800 volunteers in distributing over 1.5 million pounds of healthy food each year to over 20,000 customers and helping clients through social services toward long-term help.
The Senior Director is responsible for managing the organization’s day-to-day accounting records and financial policies and procedures. This role leads monthly reporting, grant and financial compliance, treasury management, payroll, budgeting, and forecasting. The Senior Director has an assistant who supports A/P, A/R, and assists with payroll and other general bookkeeping tasks.
· Handles grant accounting with a focus on billing, budget modifications, and compliance
· Performs bank reconciliations and monitors cash flow.
· General Ledger maintenance, journal entries, allocations, revenue accounting.
· Reviews invoices for accuracy and coding to ensure accuracy and prepares 1099 forms
· Prepares all needed financial reports and statements for internal/external reporting for Board, staff, government agencies, funding sources.
· Review deposits for Development for correct coding
· Work in collaboration with Development Department for grants proposals and other budgeting needs.
· Manage the annual external audit, ensuring PBC list timely completion, and maintaining auditable books monthly
· Guide organizational administration via building sound Human Resource policies and procedures.
· Lead engagement with internal and external teams to establish, monitor, and maintain strong information technology systems and services.
· Develops and implements sound fiscal policies, procedures and controls
· Performs related tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
· Education and work experience: A degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with 4 years or more of relevant work experience in nonprofit accounting or auditing and financial planning and analysis
· Experience with HR compliance and administrative issues
· Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office Applications and Fund E-Z or similar accounting systems
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Organized and effective communicator with stakeholders at all levels
· Strong collaborative skills and approach to leadership that promotes staff growth and creativity.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Project/Resource Management – Establishes plans and priorities; organizes human, physical and financial resources; simplifies and clearly explains complex information to the Executive Director, WSCAH employees and Board.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Is willing and able to change work tasks when needed; shifts priorities based on work demands. Assesses and balances competing values (i.e. policies and mission needs).
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Reaches sound conclusions after considering options; develops creative and innovative solutions to workplace problems; takes decisive action in uncertain solutions.
- Teamwork – Builds strong relationships and works well with people of all levels both within and outside of WSCAH; welcomes differing ideas and points of view and encourages participation at the highest levels.
This position is subject to performance reviews and annual written appraisals which may include employee/reviewer performance goals and developmental plans.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Comprehensive Benefits Plan
Minimum Education Required