District of Columbia
This position reports to the College Promise Campaign President, with day-to-day work assignments from the Vice President of Strategy and Innovation. Primary duties for the Director of Development are as follows:
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Vice President to create and execute a fund development plan;
- Oversee the development of grant and sponsorship proposals, budgets, and reporting for all necessary grant applications ensuring deadlines are met appropriately; superviseand coordinate with a CPC grant writer for specific projects
- Research and identify prospective donors from foundations, corporations, and individuals to expand CPC’s revenue and donor base;
- Design, implement and lead a strategy for cultivating and stewarding philanthropies, corporate sponsors, and major donors;
- Develop, maintain, and manage engagement and relationships with potential donors, current funders, and community stakeholders to achieve CPC’s annual and long-term fundraising goals;
- Collaborate with senior CPC staff to engage National Advisory Board members and current Campaign partners in fundraising activities;
- Implement systems to accurately track foundation and corporate grants, sponsorships, and other CPC income, ensuring goals are met, required reports are delivered, and donors are highlighted in CPC’s communication and outreach efforts;
- Manage the Campaign’s incoming contributions and database of foundation and corporate donors, sponsors, other funders, and individual donors;
- Coordinate in-kind donations and corporate sponsorships for CPC special events.
An ideal candidate for this position should have 5+years of nonprofit and/or fundraising expertise. Experience in aggressive growth strategies is of inerest. [G1] [G2] A successful candidate will have previous experience working with a wide variety of high-level stakeholders and be detail-oriented with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. She/he will be highly motivated to initiate ideas and projects, but able to work in close collaboration with diverse groups and individuals. [G3]
- Diverse development background for small, medium, and large organizations
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to position development discussions at both the strategic and practical levels;
- Self-starter, able to work independently while also serving as a unifying and supportive leader for staff;
- An active listener with a sincere commitment to working collaboratively;
- Training and/or experience in the development field; and
- Master’s degree
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: College Promise - Director of Development.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.