12-11 40th Avenue
Long Island City
Employment Coordinator - Astoria Houses
Reporting to the Employment Services Manager, the Employment Coordinator will be an expert in growing NYC sectors and will conduct job readiness workshops and training that prepares program participants to enter sustainable employment.
- Executing dynamic recruitment strategies in collaboration with Community Coaches and other Jobs-Plus team members to attract applicants for open job orders;
- Delivering job readiness preparation trainings as needed, including but not limited to resume upgrades, interviewing prep, and independent job search techniques;
- Researching and developing industry knowledge in key occupations in order to ensure effective matching of candidates to available job orders;
- Facilitating recruitment sessions for each open job order on a daily basis;
- Screening and matching job applicants based on qualifications and requirements discussed with employer and hiring manager;
- Conducting employment assessments to determine candidates’ job readiness level;
- Following up with members regarding job interviews and employment status and documenting in Urban Upbound database;
- Obtaining verification documents from employers and/or members upon placement in a timely manner and using data on a regular basis to manage performance;
- Developing a pool of qualified applicants in advance of hiring needs; and
- Other tasks as assigned by the Employment Services Manager and Urban Upbound leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years in workforce development or related field preferred
- Strong project management skills, including managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Internet Research, and social media
- Outcomes-driven, strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform programmatic decisions
- Highly motivated, with proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible, with availability to work a weeknight and occasional Saturdays
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Passion for social justice
Vacation. Health. Sick
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual. Spanish Preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Enjoli Alvarez at enjoli @urbanupbound.org. Urban Upbound is an equal opportunity employer.