Details: Salary based on experience.
One Bronx River Parkway
The Bronx River Alliance is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to fulfill financial record keeping and reporting, in coordination with the consulting controller, manage the administration of human resource systems, ensure a well-equipped and maintained office, and supervise an administrative assistant.
- Input and manage accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare financial reports as requested or directed by executive director, board of directors or controller.
- Draft the annual budget in consultation with program, development and executive staff, and enter the adopted budget in accounting software.
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring of budget and funder reporting.
- Serve as liaison with controller and auditor.
- Elicit, evaluate and negotiate vendor bids and contracts.
- Supervise, direct, coach, and provide performance feedback to administrative assistant.
- Serve as benefits administrator.
- Maintain personnel files and human resource record keeping.
- Coordinate with Parks and Alliance staff to ensure the office has needed equipment and supplies in a well-ordered space.
- Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Two years of prior accounting experience, including bank reconciliations and payroll, and experience using at least one accounting software.
- Budget or grant fiscal management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (degree preferred).
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial requirements.
- Competence in the use of Excel and accounting software, preferably FundEZ.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in working in a community environmental context.
Note that this position will start part-time in April and ramp up to full-time in May. Also note that the reporting location for this position will shift to the Alliance's new facility, Bronx River House located at 1490 Sheridan Expressway in the Summer.
The Bronx River Alliance offers to its employees:
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
- A dynamic and creative work environment at an organization with a successful track record of restoring the Bronx River, developing parks and trails along it, and connecting local communities with this unique natural resource.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and three references to Maria Sawyer at email@example.com by April 20, 2018. No phone calls please.