243 North Galen Hall Road
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Provide consultation, assessment and referral for students identified by the student assistance teams in each individual school when needed.
- Provide technical assistance (i.e. Team Maintenance session’s etc.) to all school SAP teams requesting such.
- Facilitate entrance to treatment programs for students and school districts when needed.
- Deliver Project CONNECT and approved student assistance curriculums to schools and other agencies when requested. This delivery involves group, individual, classroom and assembly facilitation.
- Provide in-services on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs to faculty or agency staff when requested.
- Provide parent education on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs when requested.
- Participate in staff meetings and report progress as well as areas of concern.
- Complete all documentation (i.e. KIT entries, reporting etc.) and submit to supervisor.
- Market and promote programs to all schools as requested by supervisor.
This job description reflects management’s assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the task that may be assigned.
- Must be able to present to audiences in large and small group settings, which may require long periods of time and be of multiple presentations.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in human service and/or education or related field required.
- A minimum of 1 year working with adolescents preferably in a school-based or public health setting.
- Completion of the Project CONNECT Facilitator Training, upon hire when deemed appropriate.
- Completion of Caron’s Commonwealth Approved Student Assistance Program training, upon hire when deemed appropriate.
- To complete other trainings as assigned such as Life Skills, and PATHS.
- Education related to adolescent development and chemical dependency.
- If in recovery, two years of uninterrupted sobriety preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills including interactive public speaking and active listening skills.
- Computer literate and able to work with Microsoft products and its network components.
- Fluid communication skills that foster teamwork and high morale. Further, must be able to promote services in the media such as radio, print and television.
- Must be familiar with and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of various 12-step fellowships, upon hire.
- Knowledge of adolescent development.
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Strong knowledge of chemical dependency, and tobacco cessation and the impact of this on school-based services.
Minimum Education Required