Details: We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
320 West 37th Street
The People’s Forum is a new non-profit in New York City that will serve as resource for, and will collaborate with community members and organizations in advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. The People’s Forum is located in midtown Manhattan and is scheduled to open in Summer 2018.
Our Mission: The People’s Forum is a movement incubator for working class and marginalized communities to build unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
● Lead audio-visual set-up for special events and conferences
● Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, film screen, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, spotlights, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as educational classes, forums, concerts, meetings and conventions, presentations, and conferences.
● Develop and implement protocols for audio-visual set-up for special events and classes.
● Create and install custom lighting systems.
● Monitor visual and sound feeds during events to ensure quality.
● Ensure equipment is installed according to designated layout.
● Diagnose and resolve equipment issues.
● Keep inventory of audio/visual equipment. Ensure cleanliness and proper storage of equipment and audio/visual data.
● Perform duties on location.
Educator/Content Creation Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with Education Coordinator to document audio/visuals of TPF programs.
● Collaborate with Communications Manager to develop media projects that bolster awareness of the People's Forum and its programs.
● Develop and facilitate media workshops and classes for TPF members and the general public.
● Associates degree in audio visual technology or related field, or 2-3 years of commensurable professional experience.
● 2-3 years of experience in managing audio and visual systems.
● A knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, and new approaches to audio/visual recording and equipment technology.
● Track record and experience developing and executing educational programming tied to media creation.
● Track record and experience creating audio/visuals content.
● Familiar with usage of film/audio editing programs,
● Working knowledge of A/V systems
● Bilingual with the ability to translate and update the website and other marketing materials from English to Spanish.
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
● Time management/organizational skills.
● Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and ability to multitask.
● Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
We provide excellent benefits including full health insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Additionally, our employees have full access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this role and The People’s Forum along with your resume. Applications can be sent to the Executive Director Manolo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “A/V Technician and Content Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.