520 8th Avenue
Responsibilities will include consolidation of the annual budget process as well as ensuring that the budget system is accurately monitored and maintained. Responsible for producing accurate and timely reports to internal and external users as needed. Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP. Ensure all invoices to UK and Ireland offices are timely and accurately prepared and submitted.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The Financial Analyst reports to the Director, Financial Analysis & Program Finance, works closely with the colleagues in the Finance Department, and liaises with Orbis staff and affiliates worldwide.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Billing, Donor Report preparation, Reconciliations and Tracking
- Prepare monthly invoices to OI affiliates (UK & Ireland)
- Preparation of various restricted donor reports as needed
- Review prepaid, receivable and accrued payable monthly for Country Offices
Budget process support – New York office
- Provide guidance and technical support to New York staff during the annual budget preparation
- Review budget information submitted by New York staff for accuracy and completeness
- Provide guidance and support for formatting the budget and importing in MIP
- Review various codes used in budget and ensure all codes used are valid and correct for each project.
Creation of various Financial reports
- Develop various reports within MIP for distribution to various New York departments
- Creation and update of various financial reports through pivot tables for Orbis cost center
Directors/Managers (BVAs by cost center, funding source codes, donor reporting codes, Projects and
- Preparation and update of the monthly revenue reports and charts for unrestricted funding
- Preparation of the monthly Deferred Revenue reports for all restricted grants and follow up on any variance
between revenue and expense for restricted grants.
Finance Liaison for LAC (Latin America & Caribbean)
- Finance liaison for all LAC projects – work closely with the LAC team, review BVAs and coordinate
justification of monthly variances between budget and expenses for each project
- Support the LAC team for the annual budget preparation
- Responsible for reviewing annual funding letters and project agreements as it pertains to budgets
- Ensures that all budgets and expenditures are correctly reflected in MIP monthly
- Perform various financial reviews, reporting, analysis and reconciliations for all LAC projects monthly.
- Ensures all documents (receipts and reports) are received by Orbis NY monthly
- Reviews and reconciles WTR from Partners
- Liaison between LAC Partners and OI regarding finances
Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field.
· Minimum 5 years accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with general accounting and internal controls.
· Demonstrated knowledge of advanced computer skills, preferably advanced Excel functions and PowerPoint
· Previous experience using a fund accounting system, preferably Sage Fund Accounting software.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Accurate data entry, detail-oriented and good follow-through.
· Effective interpersonal and (verbal & written) communication skills; the ability to successfully interact with
colleagues on different professional levels and cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail; ability to effectively multi-task and manage detail-
oriented responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency and follow tasks through to completion.
· Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of GAAP.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively process financial and budgetary information.
· Highly motivated and the ability to work productively in team as well as independently.
· Strong computer skills: Windows v8 or v10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Access) and the
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.
Minimum Education Required