Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 250 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations, and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Senior Manager, NextGen Initiatives is responsible for overseeing all efforts related to Disability:IN’s NextGen Initiatives and continuing to grow and expand the program both inside and outside the U.S.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work Schedule, Location, and Travel Requirements
· Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office.
· Domestic travel 2-3 times a year for 3-5 days at a time.
· Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· At least seven years of experience required.
· Experience in coordinating and leading work teams, developing programs, and meeting program goals strongly preferred.
· Minimum of six years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies focusing on diversity and cross-cultural resource efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies.
Salary and Benefits:
· Starting salary commensurate with experience.
· Salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
· Disability:IN offers generous benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Sees beyond their department, has a strong understanding of cross-department connections, and identifies/evaluates/implements strategic opportunities to work across departments; ensures that such collaborations benefit Disability:IN in the form of better outcomes, greater efficiencies, etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s work and core mission.
· A willingness to take direction and carry out tasks at hand as directed by multiple supervisors/project leads.
· The ability to speak up, contribute observations and ideas, and offer foresight about how to best fill gaps and solve problems.
· A personable and professional demeanor, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s staff and constituents.
· A high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and commitments.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
· Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative.
· Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization.
· Good judgment; knowing when to handle or escalate issues to supervisor and others.
· This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 250 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across…