The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership seeks a dynamic leader for our Climate Solutions Initiative. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the voices of America’s hunters and anglers, and the needs of fish and wildlife, are a meaningful part of the climate policy discussion. The director will develop and implement comprehensive advocacy and communications strategies, including building diverse coalitions, to achieve the inclusion and advancement of key land- and water-based climate policies and funding opportunities as decision makers act to address our warming climate through legislative solutions.
This individual will be responsible for:
· Develop and manage the Climate Solutions Initiative budget.
· Organize, including regular meetings/calls, a coalition of climate-focused businesses, individual partners and individual advocates for the TRCP.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Existing relationships with hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation organizations;
· A strong understanding of climate policy and natural climate solutions and the political, social, and economic values of the hunting and fishing community;
· An aptitude for working constructively and building partnerships with a wide array of individuals and interest groups;
· Experience working with key decision makers and building grass-tops networks to advance priority conservation issues;
· Superior writing and verbal communication skills;
· A creative and energetic spirit and team-player mentality with an ability to work independently;
· A willingness to travel within the U.S.;
· A passion for hunting and fishing.
The position reports to the Chief Policy Officer and will be based in TRCP’s Washington, D.C. office. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. The TRCP is an equal-opportunity employer.
Founded in 2002, the TRCP is a coalition of leading hunting, fishing, and conservation organizations, outdoor-related businesses and individual grassroots partners working together to guarantee all Americans quality places to hunt and fish and to preserve the traditions of hunting and fishing through fish and wildlife habitat conservation.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume with the subject line "Director of Climate Solutions" to Steve Kline, Chief Policy Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full Position Description is available on the TRCP website at http://www.trcp.org/employment. The position will remain open until filled.
The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership seeks a dynamic leader for our Climate Solutions Initiative. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the voices of America’s hunters and anglers, and the needs of fish and…