The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Development Assistant in our SF Office. This position provides administrative support to our expanding major gifts and gift planning team in the Bay Area (4 staff).
Job duties will be primarily administrative and will include preparing letters, general correspondence and donor briefings; creating and maintaining donor and income tracking systems; researching donor prospects and current donors; maintaining major gifts databases, scheduling, recording, and gathering materials for meetings; processing expenses and invoices, and other tasks as needed.
- Calendar management for supervisors, schedule meetings, and prepare meeting materials
- Assist with event planning tasks
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofing correspondence to donors
- Record meetings and distribute meeting minutes to ensure that action items are kept on track
- Conduct research on prospective and existing donors and develop short, written summaries
- Prepare general background materials for briefings
- Prepare expense reports and process invoices
- Handle travel arrangements for supervisors
- Coordinate catering, AV equipment, and other logistics for conferences/meetings
- General administrative tasks such as filing, mailing, printing, copying and distributing documents
- Limited travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or equivalent relevant work experience strongly preferred
- Experience and comfort working with high profile individuals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Great Plains a plus
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred
- Interest in environmental issues a plus, excellent sense a humor a must
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/career s and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required