The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for digital strategy, media planning, and content strategy and production. The Marketing Coordinator is a member of the Marketing and Communications Department, working under the umbrella of the external affairs sector of the Garden, collaborating closely with the Membership and Development Departments, as well as in support of all other departments of Portland Japanese Garden. This role must understand the larger digital footprint for Portland Japanese Garden and help guide digital strategy and tactics across all channels and platforms. The Marketing Coordinator is a key player in executing the overarching marketing strategy with guidance from the Marketing Director.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: For the safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests, Portland Japanese Garden is requiring all staff and volunteers to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Candidates must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. ‘Fully vaccinated’ means 2 shots of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine – plus 2 weeks after the final shot.
• Work with the Marketing Director to develop Portland Japanese Garden digital marketing plan, campaigns, positioning, and strategy
• Analyze research, data, and trends
• Act as point-person for all interdepartmental email marketing needs
• Oversee data and list health of all Garden contacts and audience extractions
• Support execution of interdepartmental email marketing campaigns
Website Management, SEO, SEM
• Management of japanesegarden.org including content creation, design, and SEO efforts
• Manage POS/CRM integration with WordPress to ensure consistency and tracking
• Implement cross-domain tracking to create sophisticated measurement and tracking
• Oversee SEM campaign strategy and develop ads to drive website traffic
• Manage Google Grants account
• Plan content calendar, steward implementation across four platforms, oversee consistent brand voice, and monitor high-level trends to ensure we follow best practices.
• Plan and develop social media advertising strategies (Facebook, Instagram and YouTube), including targeting parameters, budget management, copywriting and creative asset management, and reporting.
Quarterly Advertising Plan
• Develop quarterly advertising plan for the Garden based on existing audience segmentation info and overarching annual marketing and communications plan
• Plan, negotiate, and book advertising with vendors and partners
• Manage ad creative development including collecting specs, corresponding with vendors, working with designers and delivering completed materials
• Analyze and report to the team on campaign performance
• Garden tours for press or influencers
• Administrative tasks to support the department
• Familiarize oneself with the organization and the Employee Handbook
• Get to know fellow staff members, developing trust, establishing credibility, encouraging teamwork, and creating an atmosphere of open, honest, two-way communication
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in manner and appearance
• Adhere to Garden Dress Code (business casual)
• Bachelor’s degree required, Communications or Marketing-related degree preferred
• 1-4 years of experience in advertising or marketing-related roles
• Some experience with Wordpress or other CMS
• Demonstrated proficiency in social media, and general online savviness
• A proven track record of working well with others, adapting to others’ work styles, and professional interactions with co-workers and/or vendors
• Strong listening skills, giving full attention to what other people are saying or asking, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions when appropriate
• Service orientation, actively looking for ways to help others
• Excellent communication skills
• A positive and outgoing attitude
• Comfortable working in an open-office environment
• Experience with Prospect2, MailChimp, or other email marketing platform
• Experience with SEO and/or Google Adwords.
• Familiarity with a CRM database (e.g., Tessitura) and/or Point of Sale system
• Personal passion for Japanese culture and history, art and design, travel, and/or landscape design and horticulture are a plus
• Being bilingual in any language is a plus; in Japanese, it’s an A+
Compensation & Schedule
• Wage: $20.00 per hour
• This is a full-time, hourly position with 40 hours per week. Shifts are typically 8 hours (plus ½ hour lunch), 8:30am to 5:00pm, with some flexibility. Occasional evening and/or weekend work is required.
--- health, dental, and vision insurance (premium 100% covered for employees)
--- 401k plan (after 90 days, with 4% employer match after 1 year)
--- flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
--- paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for digital strategy, media planning, and content strategy and production. The Marketing Coordinator is a member of the Marketing and Communications Department, working under the umbrella of the…
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and 3-5 references to email@example.com, with “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Please also provide a short description (200-300 words) – separate from your cover letter – of a recent project or problem that you made better, faster, smarter, more efficient, or less expensive. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls or hand delivered applications. Submit application materials by Monday, June 21st, 2021.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and 3-5 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Please also provide a short…