POSITION TITLE: NJPCA – Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: President/Chief Executive Officer
STATUS: Full-time Exempt
REQUIREMENTS: Accounting degree or equivalent. CPA required. Knowledge of auditing practices and principles; knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations; knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications; and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Keep current on new technology dealing with various financial software as well as local, state and federal laws regarding finances.
SKILLS: Accounting, corporate finance, reporting skills, deadline-oriented, confidentiality, data entry management, and general math skills.
• Assist in Annual Audit Process
• Calculate federal indirect rate annually
• Calculate monthly 403b employer contribution
• Federal FSR report – prepared annually
• Monthly federal drawdown
• Perform billing and record cash receipts
• Prepare annual budget in conjunction with the President & CEO
• Prepare grant expenditure reports
• Prepare monthly financial statements on the accrual basis; tie out financials
• Prepare monthly income statement for grants and distribute to program managers
• Prepare variance analysis to budget
• Process A/R collections
• Process1099’s – Annually
• Quarterly Federal PSC 272 report
• Record all financial transactions for NJPCA
• Record vendor invoices and disburse payments
• Provide press releases and updates to website and chat rooms within assigned subject areas
• Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education Required