Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking (BEST) is a non-profit organization that works to prevent human trafficking and sexual exploitation by educating and equipping employees to assist human trafficking victims. For more information about the organization’s’ history and impact, please visit our website at www.bestalliance.org.
BEST is recruiting for a full-time Grants and Communications Manager. The primary responsibility will be to manage proposal/grant writing and grantor stewardship. Second, the person will manage all public-facing written content and awareness-raising efforts, including earned media, social media, website content, and marketing materials. The ideal candidate loves writing persuasively for a variety of audiences, is a good verbal communicator, well-organized, and able to self-initiate.
PR & marketing communications
· Unequivocal commitment to the BEST mission
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Proactive and able to work independently without a high-level of management oversight
· Intelligent, learns quickly, and adapts to new situations and new writing styles
· Excellent follow-through, organization, and attention to detail
· Strong team player
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Experience, skills, or training on working with the media to get stories published
· Two years of experience in grant or proposal writing
· Two years of experience in public relations
· Experience understanding and representing the experiences of marginalized populations in story form
· Experience writing both government proposals and foundation grants
· Experience writing web and marketing content
· Experience with Salesforce, Asana, Sharepoint, Indesign and/or Microsoft suite
· 40 hours/week with a flexible work week and flexible leave plan
· Annual salary range: $52,000 - $62,000
· Benefits include health insurance, vacation, sick pay, and retirement
· Position is based in Seattle and is temporarily remote
· This position reports into the Executive Director
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. BEST will receive applications until the position has been filled.
Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking (BEST) is a non-profit organization that works to prevent human trafficking and sexual exploitation by educating and equipping employees to assist human trafficking victims. For more…