Part Time Temporary
1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program,
is seeking Summer Teachers to provide sports education and recreational coordination during our 5-week DREAM University summer program. DREAM University runs from July 9th through August 2nd. DREAM University will serve approximately 150 rising 6th-8th graders and will include an academic morning at Manhattan College, and a sports/recreational afternoon at the Manhattan College Athletic Facilities. DREAM University Summer Teachers will be assigned to a class of up to 25 students. All DREAM University Summer Teachers will report to the DREAM University Academic Dean.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement engaging curriculum, modifying it to meet the needs of diverse learners;
- Supervise and manage students at all times using positive discipline techniques and pro-active interventions to ensure physical and emotional safety;
- Collaborate with the learning coaches to help youth build social-emotional skills in areas such as teamwork, conflict resolution and self-esteem;
- Model and encourage positive participation in all daily activities;
- Participate in professional development and tactical meetings as necessary.
· 6th grade: Math
· 7th grade: ELA/Math
· 8th grade: Math
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters in Education preferred;
- Experience working with groups of children;
- Ability to take initiative and maintain flexibility;
- Willingness to work in a team environment and meet high expectations for students and staff;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM’s mission and values.
· DREAM University Teachers will work from 8:00-12:00pm, Monday-Thursday and must also attend a training day before the summer begins during the week of June 18th.
Compensation: All Summer Teachers will receive $51/hour.
Minimum Education Required