One To World, Inc. (OTW) is a not-for-profit membership organization whose mission is to foster intercultural understanding by creating face-to-face experiences among local communities, international students and Fulbright scholars. We are seeking a part-time (24 hours/week) Director of Finance and Administration to oversee day-to-day financial, human resource and office administration operations. Hours are flexible and full benefits included.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree or CPA a plus.
- 3-5 years of non-profit accounting and financial management including expense allocations.
- Experience with Human Resources and Benefits Administration.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (or similar accounting system), Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and online payment systems (Stripe, Tidal Commerce, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot, problem-solve and create/implement systems that contribute to a smooth efficient and smart working environment.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for One To World’s mission, high energy, creative, sense of humor, “can-do” attitude, outgoing and friendly personality.
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events.
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Handle monthly closing and prepare bank reconciliations and financial statements
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and monitor organizational budget and cash flow documents
- Produce regular and ad hoc financial reports for management
- Examine financial information needs of the organization by reviewing existing systems and developing ways to meet needs with the design of new systems
- Work with the programming staff to track budgets periodically (quarterly and end of year)
- Prepare year-end reports and documentation for annual audit and information and tax returns
- Manage organizational relationships with payroll processing firm and banks
- Work closely with Treasurer of the board on financial presentations and strategies for the Organization attending meetings of the Board of Directors
- Work with the development and management teams to prepare all required financial reports, budgets, financial statements, and budget analyses for internal, federal, corporate, and private foundation grant applications and reports
- Review all financially-related documents and provide final approval before they are submitted to any outside audience
- Handle all employment paperwork processing
- Manage insurance (health, dental, liability, workers’ compensation, disability, COBRA and unemployment) related matters
- Administer employee retirement plan (TIAA-CREF), Transitcheks and flexible savings plan
- Research, negotiate, and manage current and prospective employee benefits; liaise with benefits managers in seeking more cost effective solutions at policy renewal time
- Maintain, modify and implement personnel and office policies and procedures; update employee handbook as needed
- Manage/improve system for expense allocations and vacation, sick day tracking
- Manage outside vendor accounts
- Manage Administrative Coordinator’s financial and general administrative functions
Hours are flexible. Complete benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a thoughtful cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Executive Director Jen E. Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject “Director of Finance and Administration – First & Last Name” in your email. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of One To World not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, training, layoff and termination.