The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously popular and highly visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $50 million budget, over 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
We are seeking a Director of Facility Maintenance to join our growing team. This position is responsible for managing, directing and assisting in the overall planning, direction, and coordination of facilities maintenance and operations for all affordable, supportive and transitional housing; as well as for maintaining equipment, fleet, inventory, and grounds of all facilities.
- Supervise activities involving facilities inspections and audits, and ensures observance of applicable laws, codes, and ordinances (including housing codes and Fire Safety regulations)
- Responsible for oversight of all repairs in the affordable and supportive housing and scatter site apartments
- Responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining a system for tracking work orders and maintenance requests
- Creates and maintains an appropriate schedule of maintenance and repair, inspections, etc.
- Keeps in compliance with, and maintains knowledge of, all OSHA and Agency regulations and safety initiatives, including annual inspections of the elevators, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Plans, schedules and inspects short and long-term facilities maintenance management
- initiatives, including preventive maintenance and repair/installation projects and supervises outside contractors
- Initiates and directs planned maintenance programs for a variety of service contracts, including
- boiler and AC maintenance; varied equipment; and develop best practices and innovative implementation
- Interviews, supervises, evaluates, disciplines and sets work schedules of staff
- Establishes systems to train staff to meet performance and safety standards
- Provides direct oversight of maintenance, testing, and inspection of fire alarm and water based suppression systems
- Responsible for establishing a department budget; and executing plans to meet the budget
- Understands that outstanding customer service is essential, as is the ability to provide
- creative, flexible, prompt, and compassionate services to internal and external customers
- Must respond 24/7 to facility emergencies. Ability to work flexible hours, including
- weekends and holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS Degree or Associates Degree with technical training in Plant Maintenance, Facility Management or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of seven years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facility maintenance field, five of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff at multiple sites
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of general carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, landscaping, general custodial practices and mechanical systems; excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of all mechanical areas such as painting, electrical, plumbing, custodial and HVAC
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb ladders, bend and lift objects of up to 50 lbs. Exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise
- Strong analytical skills and business mathematical skills
- Must be computer literate with a proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of skilled and semi-skilled personnel
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, and ability to train, teach, and motivate your staff
Salary commensurate with experience
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
The Doe Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&jobId=261372&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001