ABOUT THE ROLE
The Database Analyst/Systems Administrator plays a key role in advancing Hebrew Free Loan’s mission of helping members of Northern California’s Jewish community achieve financial self-sufficiency. This employee will perform the full range of functions needed to ensure access to reliable, comprehensive data and meaningful data analysis about our constituents (primarily donors, borrowers, and loan guarantors). Responsibilities include maintaining and fine-tuning our database; providing data support and training for our staff; performing data analysis to support fundraising, lending, and financial functions; and serving as main point of contact with our IT and other technology vendors.
The Database Administrator reports to the Executive Director and provides data support to the fundraising, loan program, and finance teams. Part of a ten-person staff based in San Francisco.
For 124 years, Hebrew Free Loan has been helping individuals and families throughout Northern California’s Jewish community overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), we provide interest-free loans to meet a wide range of needs. Loan types include small business, debt consolidation, fertility, first-time homebuyer, student, and many others.
· Run queries on loan and fundraising data, prepare statistical reports, and analyze data
· Develop and refine mailing lists for direct mail appeals and outreach to loan recipients, guarantors, donors, etc.
· Provide insight into meaningful trends to improve outcomes for the agency and our clients
· Identify new data inputs and update the Salesforce Database to enable better reporting
· Maintain the Salesforce database including:
o Fundraising functions built on the Nonprofit Success Pack
o Lending functions built on the Q2/Cloud Lending installed package
o Page Layouts and Lightning Apps
o Custom automations (process builders, flows, and declarative lookup rollup summaries)
· Manage Users, Profiles and Permissions
· Manage ongoing data clean-up
· Develop dashboards and reports to summarize key data
· Provide staff training as necessary on database functions
· Partner with our Operations Manager and TSG Networks (our Information Technology Vendors) to address technology infrastructure needs
· Serve as main point of contact with Q2/Cloud Lending (Loan Tracking Software)
· Explore new software options and other ways to automate processes
· Prepare ACH files of loan payments, using Salesforce App
· Process credit card loan payments and donations
· Perform detailed spreadsheet work to prepare mailing lists
The ideal candidate has:
· At least 3-5 years of experience in database administration/systems analysis
· Expertise in working with databases, particularly Salesforce (especially Nonprofit Success Pack)
· Background in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Access
· Strong familiarity with fundraising/development, direct client services, or a related field
· Superb detail orientation and proofreading ability
· Strong written and verbal communication and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as ability to work well with a team
· Superior analytical skills
· Ability to balance multiple projects at one time and meet concurrent deadlines
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Database Analyst/Systems Administrator plays a key role in advancing Hebrew Free Loan’s mission of helping members of Northern California’s Jewish community achieve financial self-sufficiency. This employee will…
Salary commensurate with experience. This is an EXEMPT position that offers excellent benefits, including a 35-hour work week, medical and dental insurance, and a 403 (b) plan. Generous holiday and vacation policy.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is an EXEMPT position that offers excellent benefits, including a 35-hour work week, medical and dental insurance, and a 403 (b) plan…
To apply, please email submit a resume and cover letter.