201 Fort Mason
Database Administrator (Full-Time 1)
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit support partner of the Golden Gate National Parks—84,000 acres of national parkland throughout the Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future. Park projects and programs include the Crissy Field Center, the promoting of leadership and environmental justice training for youth; the Native Plant Nurseries, which grows over 100,000 plants annually to restore habitat; Trails Forever, which is at work building and rehabilitating miles of trails throughout the parks; and volunteer programs that inspire over 25,000 people annually to take action in support the parks.
Responsible for further development and administration of two of the custom databases and their associated syncs. They will be adding new features as needed, monitoring backups, troubleshooting service outages, create or manage integrations, resolving database performance issues and ensuring the security of the system. Outside of close collaboration within the Data Analytics department, this role will work closely with the Park Youth Collaborative team, Park Stewardship team, and Nursery team to ensure needs are being met with an eye for future platform migrations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administrator for Natural Resource Database and Park Youth Collaborative
- Technical assistance, technical translation, and/or development for PYC Database, Natural Resource Database and associated syncs
- Manage or create multiple integrations or data syncs to align data across the agencies and minimize user fatigue
Database Management and Development
- Ensuring the performance and stability of Azure, three websites, two custom SQL databases in multiple instances and other databases as needed
- Handle routine tasks and maintenance needs, including data imports and exports, spreadsheet manipulation, data cleansing, data entry, duplicate management, data analysis, and report and query development
- Safeguarding of data and systems through security and privacy settings, and backup and recovery systems
- Diagnose and resolve database performance issues
- Ensure development aligns with other databases
Overall and Administrative Responsibilities
- Work in close partnership with the National Park Service, Presidio Trust, One Tam, Park Youth Collaborative and Parks Conservancy staff
- Align with their supervisor as needed to assess and scope data management needs, and modify and enhance system usability and functionality
- Maintain thorough documentation of system configurations, procedures, field definitions, and management practices
- Project manage all aspects of data migrations, synchronizations, and upgrades, as well as related design and interface development
- Attend Data Administrator Committee meetings
- Languages: SQL, C#.
- Entity Framework
- Cloud services (Azure, Amazon Cloud, etc.)
- Salesforce and other cloud based systems (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven proficiency in database administration, data development, data syncing, design and implementation
- Technical expertise with relational databases and cloud-based systems
- Recent experience working in partnerships with nonprofits and/or public agencies and demonstrated ability to manage collaborative projects (preferred)
- Discretion and tact in handling confidential information
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year related experience working as a Database Administrator
- Experience with syncing between databases on different platforms
Physical Requirements and Work Environments:
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting
- Regularly sits and/or stands at a desk 6-8 hours per day
- Work requires visiting and attending meetings at offices throughout the park
- Primary office is in Fort Mason, San Francisco
- Ability to lift 25-30 pounds a plus.
- This position is supervised by the head of the Data Analytics department
Applications accepted until position is filled.
No phone calls please.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, placement and promotions are conducted without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap, veteran status or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws & ordinances.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required