Details: Based on 28 hours per week.
240 Beaver Street
About Mass Farmers Markets
Mass Farmers Markets (MFM) since 1978 has partnered with farmers, consumers, and communities to improve regional farm viability, consumer nutrition, and community social and economic development. We know that a strong connection between our state’s residents and local food producers contributes to a healthy society in three important areas: family nutrition and food security, agricultural viability and open space preservation, and economic and social revitalization of neighborhoods. MFM is the only organization working on behalf of farmers markets and the communities they serve statewide in Massachusetts.
About The Position
The Financial Assistant is an integral member of the Mass Farmers Market team with the primary responsibilities of supporting the organization and the board by paying bills, sending out invoices, and providing general financial support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Processing time sheets and expenses for payroll (bi-weekly)
- Processing and paying vendor invoices via QuickBooks
- Processing farmer and market invoices through QuickBooks
- Reconciling bank accounts in QuickBooks, using bank details
- Entering bills and paying farmers who are a part of the Coupon Program through QuickBooks
- Working with our bookkeepers by emailing monthly bank statements to the team for reconciliation
- Depositing checks and reconciling invoices
- Bi-weekly reporting on our Coupon Programs
- Periodically, reporting on and invoicing our Coupon partners for staff time and coupon payments
- Paying monthly payroll and quarterly state and federal taxes.
- AA in Accounting, Finance, related field, or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of general finance experience
- Must be proficient with Quickbooks and MS Office Suite, including Access and Excel
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Must have strong time management skills
- Must be flexible, able to adapt to changing organizational priorities and needs, and have a good sense of humor
- Familiarity with farmers markets.
- Familiarity with Massachusetts agriculture.
- An interest in the mission of MFM
Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible work schedule. Some remote work is possible.
Minimum Education Required