The Industry Promotion Fund is a joint effort between the Teamsters Union and the largest commercial moving companies in New York City to increase their density in the moving, storage and new furniture business.
The Promotion Fund is seeking an experienced, full-time business development person to market union moving services to a broad client-base in NYC. Prospective clients include Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, universities, as well as real estate management companies and building managers.
The business development representative will be the point of contact for the Industry Promotion Fund.
You will represent the Fund in outreach to building managers, owners, clients, and at conferences and real estate/construction fund industry events. You will get the opportunity to build relationships in the commercial real estate industry, and help the Fund make connections to foster new business for the affiliate companies.
- Two years industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Internet research
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Able to think strategically on an industry-wide level
- Communications, marketing or journalism experience a plus
- BD and Marketing
- Develop, with the assistance of Fund Trustees, an industry-wide marketing plan
- Assist in drafting promotional materials for distribution by affiliate companies
- Draft and send out a regular email newsletter
- Work with Fund Trustees and consultants to develop an earned media strategy
- Conduct daily outreach to building managers, owners and clients
- Attend real estate, construction and new furniture related industry events
- Data Management
- Overhaul the Fund’s existing database of industry contacts through outreach and internet research
- Record daily contact with clients and building management in the database
- Test the database with regular outreach, then cull and update lists accordingly
- Track upcoming large construction and moving projects, and prepare reports on density and outreach for each project
- Web Site and Social Media Presence
- Maintain the Fund’s social media accounts by posting regular content
- Assist in the ongoing website overhaul
- Update the website with news items from the email newsletter
- Coordinate search engine optimization for the website