Education and Outreach Program Supervisor (2 Positions) (1 Permanent & 1 Up to 15 month Maternity leave position)
- Job posted by CCASA
Full Time Contract
700, 910 7th Avenue SW
Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA) is the primary sexual violence service provider for Calgary and surrounding areas. We are a dynamic service delivery agency that offers a dual mandate of clinical and education programs. CCASA is seeking two Education and Outreach Program Supervisors to join our team; one for a permanent position and one for an up to 15 month maternity leave position. These individuals will work with the Education and Outreach Program Director to oversee CCASA’s Education and Outreach team and programs. The successful candidates will be flexible and able to adapt to multiple (types of) demands while maintaining a vision of serving people who have experienced sexual violence as well as the broader community.
Responsibilities of the Education and Outreach Program Supervisors include:
- Recruit, train, and mentor a team of sexual violence educators
- Provide individual and group supervision which supports the professional development and growth of team members as well as attends to the impacts of working with trauma
- Participate in creative and effective program development and community engagement initiatives
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other community organizations
- Facilitate CCASA’s community and professional public education workshops
- Provide crisis support, information, advocacy and referrals
* Successful applicants will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
The successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree and three to four years of experience preferable in social/human services/anti-violence field – with at least two years of supervisory experience
- Possess an anti-oppressive/feminist analysis of sexual violence
- An understanding of sexual violence
- Strong public speaking, facilitation and community development skills
- Ability to foster a skilled, knowledgeable, and professional Education and Outreach Team
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing demands and client groups
- Crisis intervention and risk assessment skills
Please visit our website at www.calgarycasa.com for more information about our programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
CCASA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse communities to apply.
Email, mail or fax resumes with a cover letter that includes salary expectations by 9:00 am on April 18, 2018 to:
Danielle Aubry, Chief Executive Officer
910 – 7th Avenue SW (Northland Building)
Calgary, AB T2P-3N8
Fax: (403) 264-8355
No Follow-Up Phone Calls or E-mails Please
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.