The Assistant Manager, Lay Resources is part of the URJ Strengthening Congregations’ Lay Resources team. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for working with URJ Community leaders, supporting the efforts of lay and professional partners to increase their engagement with the Reform Movement.
The URJ Communities create relationships and networks for congregational leaders to convene as a community of learners, a venue for idea exchange and a potential platform for collaboration. They create one on one relationships with individual congregations. URJ Communities help congregations understand the power of being part of a movement.
The Assistant Manager, Lay Resources is an integral part of the Lay Resources Team, the full Strengthening Congregations team as well as other departments across the URJ to develop and implement strategies, programs and processes to preserve, protect and expand the value of URJ membership and support the URJ’s objectives. With a focus on both URJ Community activities, membership recruitment, retention and customer service, our goal is to create a highly collaborative approach to building and sustaining positive relationships with our member congregations.
- Ongoing communication and monitoring of a complement of URJ Communities
- Program planning
- Logistic and content support for URJ Community convenings
- Leadership Cultivation and future leadership cultivation
- Facilitating one on one contact to congregations in outlying areas of URJ Communities.
- Serving as a conduit to congregations and other parts of the URJ
- Working with a cohort of small and smaller congregations in the Greater NYC URJ Community
- Serving as a staff partner to various planning groups that work on behalf of the URJ Communities
- Generation and Distribution of congregational fact sheets
- Monitoring and analyzing engagement data throughout the organization so that our interactions, both lay and professional, will result in the URJ providing better customer service through more informed interactions allowing us to serve our members and internal clients more effectively.
- Participation in weekly team meeting, held in NY Offices
- Long term visioning for how we bring congregations together and encourage networking and collaboration.
- Planning of and participation in ongoing training
- Correspondence to incoming and outgoing URJ Community Leaders
- Communication and Marketing of other URJ Opportunities to the URJ Communities and other relevant stakeholders
- Responsibilities with evaluation of URJ Community efforts (working in partnership with Director of Congregational Engagement).
- Coordinate and partner with the URJ ‘s registrar, events department, communications team and others to ensure proper support of URJ Communities’ projects.
- Occasional travel to URJ Community and other events
- Ability to work with URJ Communities of varying sizes and demographics
- Team player
- Ability to partner with volunteers, understanding and cultivating the partnership so that the work of the Lay Resources team is furthered.
- Because we do business across North America, there is a frequent need for flexibility in order to accommodate the URJ’s volunteer Community Leaders’ schedules.
- Ability to follow instructions provided both orally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues in Lay Resources, Strengthening Congregations, Communications, Membership, IT and across multiple departments;
- Taking initiative to move projects forward independently, although in consultation with other key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, Salesforce, SharePoint, Yammer, OneDrive, Excel, Exact Target and other systems
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of congregations and the nature of congregational life and congregational leaders.
- Occasional travel to URJ Community events and other conferences/team meetings
- Program planning and project management skills helpful.
- Understanding of the Reform movement is very helpful.
Position is located in the URJ headquarters in New York City.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), Life, LTD, Generous Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send salary requirements with cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Asst Manager, Lay Resources.