FWD.us is a bipartisan advocacy organization working to expand opportunities and advance the potential for every individual who seeks to contribute to our nation - starting with fixing our immigration system and reforming criminal justice policy. FWD.us was founded by leaders in the tech and business community to promote policies to keep the United States competitive in a global economy. Our nation’s strength comes from the belief that everyone who works hard can reach his or her potential - and it’s our job to help shape the policies to make this a reality.
The Social Media Manager / Community Manager role is part of the Audience team, whose mission is to build and engage the supporter base needed to effect policy change.
A successful candidate will be the driving force behind our social media presence across many channels. This candidate will be a prolific writer and intimately familiar with how different types of content perform on different platforms. This candidate will be tasked with ensuring that content is engaging and effective and will conceptualize and execute on social media content plans. This candidate will have a knack for creative content and a proven track record for growing community channels.
The Social Media Manager / Community Manager reports to the Head of Audience.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute social media content and campaigns to recruit supporters interested in taking action on immigration reform and criminal justice reform.
- Proactively engage with fans, followers, and potential supporters across social media platforms in support of organizational goals.
- Identify additional potential platforms that the organization may want to consider utilizing in campaigns.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver key messages to relevant audiences and foster a community of action takers who can help amplify them.
- Analyze effectiveness of individual content, and overall content program, through robust data collection, making data-driven recommendations.
- Help to foster an organizational culture of social media use and engagement at the staff level.
- Monitor social media platforms for potential attacks as well as positive validation and provide regular reports on the conversation through recommended social media analysis tools.
- Work with Head of Audience and vendors to plan and execute paid campaigns to increase reach and frequency of core campaign messages on social platforms and recruit, retain, and connect new supporters.
- Develop and execute a strategy to build, engage, and maintain active long term digital communities in key states through 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Political Science or related field.
- 2-5 years experience in digital marketing with a focus on social media.
- Exceptional writing skills and a portfolio to match.
- Proven track record of community growth and engagement for high level brands strongly desired.
- Experience managing communities like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube required.
- Familiarity with social media reporting and analytics platforms required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required