Details: (Depending on Experience & Language Skill)
1626 East 4th Street
(1) Job Description and Summary
TCF has been awarded a grant to implement our Body, Mind, & Spiritual Wellness (BMSW) Program. As a result, TCF is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) who is bilingual in Khmer (Cambodian) and who has experience working in an intensive outpatient program with adults and older adults with mental illness. The successful candidate will provide individual, group and/or family therapy to clients and families, clinical assessment, field-based and outreach services to clients and their families, and case management services. In addition, the successful candidate will provide informational, educational and supportive services, and wellness activities to enhance mental health and decrease stigma.
(2) Essential Functions and Duties
• Conducts family-centered, strengths-based, culturally responsive individualized intakes/assessments gathering information from clients and their family/caregiver/significant other and involved agencies in the office or in the field as appropriate.
• Provides short-term mental health treatment for depression, anxiety, trauma and/or other related diagnoses to selected clients, including assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, interventions (individual, group, couples and/or family), collateral contacts, and termination planning.
• Completes service and treatment plan, progress note, assessment/evaluation tools, and documents client progress in accordance with established therapeutic goals. Maintains and completes all clinical and administrative record keeping associated with the delivery of services and in accordance to confidentiality standards.
• Provides support services to clients and/or their families, including assistance in restoring or maintaining a client’s functional skills, daily living skills, social skills, and linking up/referral to community resources.
• Educates clients (adults and older adults) and their caregivers/families regarding mental health issues by delivering informational materials and planning/facilitating educational and supportive groups for clients.
• Works with TCF Health Navigators to provide appropriate preventative and coordinated care services to clients and their caregivers as needed.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships in the community, including providing mental health education, in order to better serve clients and reduce the stigma associated with mental health issues.
• Increases the ability of older adults to live safely in the community by working collaboratively with family, caregivers, physicians, community resource providers and others involved in the well-being of the clients.
• Displays sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients and families served.
• Provides outreach, advocacy, crisis intervention, and ongoing advocacy for cases (if needed).
• Works with TCF Health Navigators to provide case management which include, obtaining client information, identifying needs and concerns or presenting symptoms, linking clients and their families to appropriate resources, and making home visits to older adult client homes (if needed).
• Develops and maintains educational and clinic materials and coordinates communications between internal and external service providers, including clients’ primary care providers and insurance providers.
• Maintains confidential information by following all HIPAA regulations, policy and procedures, compliance and regulatory directives and by completing required documentation in a timely, professional/accurate manner.
• Provides services in the community or in the field consistent with program and funding sources and completes billing expectations per TCF requirements.
• Meets productivity standards as defined by specific grants and other funding requirements and maintain monthly statistical data of attending group members and individual clients for grant reporting purposes.
• Collects and inputs data into corresponding database for TCF and related grants.
• Attends supervision/team meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings and trainings relevant to strengthening the role with TCF. Supervises MSW/MFT interns/volunteers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, or Psychology.
• California license to practice as a LCSW or LMFT with a minimum of 2 years post licensure experience
• Minimum two-year experience working with adults and older adults in a mental health setting or in a clinical environment.
• Proficiency in English and Khmer (Cambodian) is required.
• Demonstrated experience in mental health assessments, education, treatment planning, case/care management, and clinical interventions.
• Familiar with evidence-based intervention models.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to travel within the program’s service areas and make home visits to client homes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Be self-motivated, self-directed, quick to learn, flexible, and creative.
• Have high comfort level working in a diverse environment, particularly with the immigrant/refugee
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible hours and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Ability to effectively represent the agency, our mission, and our programs to the outside world.
• Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed). Must provide copies of valid California driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance prior to the employment.
• Verification for eligibility for employment must be submitted and a background check must be completed prior to the employment.
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings upon request.
• May require light lifting (up to 25 pounds).
* The Cambodian Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
* This is a grant-funded position. This position may be renewed depending on the availability of the funds.
* Applicants invited for an interview will be required to complete TCF Job Application which will be sent by e-mail to the applicant and submitted to TCF prior to the interview date.
Excellent fringe benefits package (medical, dental, and 403b retirement plan)
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English and Khmer (Cambodian) is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both cover letter stating why you believe you are the best candidate for this position and resume to email@example.com or mailing address: 1626 E. 4th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
Please include Your Name – Job Title in the email subject line.
For additional information or questions, please visit our website www.cambodianfamily.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.