255 South Marion Street
The Healthy Living Director will provide premiere membership experience, value, service, and retention programs by planning, budgeting, promoting and implementing all Healthy living programs.
The Director is accountable for the operational oversight and management of all health and wellness related programming including but not limited to: All Evidenced based Chronic Disease programs, Work Place Wellness, Fitness Programs such as personal training and group exercise, and sports programing as well as program spaces.
The Healthy Living Director is also responsible for enhancing member relations and retention by developing innovative wellness programming, maintaining proactive communication with staff and members related to programs and schedules and working with our building and operations team to ensure a clean and safe environment.
As an organizational director, the Healthy Living Director is responsible for leading the budgetary process for their respective department, participating in committees, major event campaigns, staff trainings, community outreach events and implementing YMCA best practices for wellness within our 3 core focus areas - youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Ensure your department’s financial benchmarks (+/- 3%) of budget to actual by, effectively managing day to day operations, driving revenue, and monitoring departmental expenses
- Enable proactive, clear, effective and timely internal communications in order to ensure a positive and consistent member experience.
- Identify, collect and interpret data so that it enables informed decision making and ensures the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Represents and participates in YMCA community outreach and sales efforts using strategies driven by the West Cook YMCA mission.
- Manages all aspects of the sub-departments of the Healthy Living Department including Fitness, Chronic Disease Prevention and Sports, by ensuring facility and equipment safety, quality programming, effective scheduling, appropriate staffing ratios, and completion of required training.
- Advises the CEO to ensure operational growth of WCY on program expansion, member recruitment and retention, pricing strategies, new site development, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations within the service area in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Models relationship building skills in all interactions with members, staff, volunteers, and the community
- Implements solutions to challenging situations through analytical reasoning and/or research.
- Serves on the Leadership Team, Program Innovation Team, and the Grant Writing Team.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Recreation Management, Exercise Science, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of prior YMCA supervisory experience or related experience.
- Current national (YMCA, ACSM, ACE, NASM, or AFAA) personal training and group exercise certification, YMCA Evidence Based Health Initiatives certifications.
- Proven track record in program development, implementing new health initiatives, leading, motivating, and inspiring others in successfully achieving their health and wellness goals.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic backgrounds
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certification
Minimum Education Required