Details: Up to $158000 per year
Requisition ID: req1941
Job Title: Senior Project Manager, Global ERP Program
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IT department provides end-to-end solutions for the organization including application development & integration, system deployment, user experience and change management, quality assurance & testing, and overall Project Management in an effort to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs.
The Senior Project Manager, Global ERP Program is responsible for the project management of a multi-year global implementation and organizational integration of IRC's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system solution, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for operations. The scope of the program, which has been branded "Integra", includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Grants/Awards Management.
In this role, the Senior Project Manager will provide the Project Management support required for the functional and technical design of the detailed ERP system functional and technical implementation. They will help coordinate the planning and execution of integrated solution design, configuration, development and testing tasks. This includes the technology architecture, related business processes, communications and training required for the design and roll out to be successful. This requires strong management of both internal IRC staff and external implementation partners.
In close partnership with Finance, Supply Chain, Awards Management Unit (AMU) Business Owners and field leadership, this position is responsible for supporting all project management activities required for the implementation of standardized global business processes across the organization. They will be a key driver for supporting change across the global organization and will be accountable for supporting enterprise change management, communications and training.
The individual will work in collaboration with Information Technology and Business Leadership to manage technical, functional and change work streams as well as establish and maintain an integrated approach that ensures all functional areas work seamlessly together.
This role reports to the Director Project and Portfolio Management, with day-to-day collaboration with the ERP Program Director and other technical and functional Core Team members.
This position will develop and manage existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc. The Sr. Project Manager works proactively to gather information required for analysis of project cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables.
- Creates and Maintains and Integrated Project Plan: Develops, and continually updates, detailed program management plans. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures the ERP implementation methodology is adhered to.
- Manages Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Supervises Project Cost Estimation, Ongoing Budget Tracking and Vendor Invoicing: Provides oversight of budget tracking and invoicing. Assists in developing costs estimates and analyzing data.
- Performs Project Resource Management: Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availabilities. Updates the project plan with work assignments.
- Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
- Supports Stakeholder Management: Works with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
- Supports the Management of Project Business Analysis Tasks: Works with project team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage business and technical analysis work done as part of the project, e.g., definition and management of technical and functional requirements, current and future state business process definition, testing, etc.
- Provides Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Conducts Other Tasks as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
- Maintain a productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, system users, and vendors.
- Interacts with project owners, senior technical personnel, and other functional or support organizations.
Position Reports to: Director of Project and Portfolio Management
Position directly supervises: Project Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: Director, Global ERP Program
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Headquarters & Global Offices Teams - multiple departments
- Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
- Project Sponsor and Steering Committee members
- Vendors and Consultants
Experience / Education
- Six or more years of experience related to ERP systems implementation and operations, with clear demonstration of progressive achievement and growth in ERP program management experience.
- Successfully led a large, complex, full-lifecycle ERP implementations for Finance and Supply Chain.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field required.
- International NGO/Global Humanitarian Organization experience in a developing country preferred.
- Project and/or program management certification and/or lean process improvement (i.e., Six Sigma) certification preferred.
Skills / Competencies
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record of applying program management principles, practices and techniques with a strong results orientation.
- Experience using project management software tools, such as MS Project, Jira, and other tools, to effectively lead, manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Understanding of financial and supply chain operational process flows (i.e., order to cash, procure to pay, record to report), both conceptually and within an ERP system, preferably the Microsoft Dynamics D365 product.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with both the technology and business use communities. Self-motivated and a problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level.
- Ability to manage ERP Core Team members in line with the goals of the ERP program. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, results orientation and collaboration amongst the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, particularly in cross-functional teams across multiple lines of business, over whom there may be no direct authority.
- The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location
- Standard office work environment
- Moderate international travel will be required
- Working knowledge of French is a plus
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l'Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l'exploitation et les abus, la protection de l'enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l'intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Minimum Education Required