Temple Beth Shalom, located in Mahopac, NY, is seeking a Part-Time Fundraising and Grant Writing professional to develop, drive, and maintain high quality programs. The candidate will identify, research, and form strategic solicitation plans and will maintain a personal relationship with donors in order to maximize charitable involvement. The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with knowledge of the local communities, the corporate community, as well as the larger philanthropic and corporate sectors. Candidate will also provide timely submission of exceptionally researched, written, and documented letters of inquiry, proposals, and grant reports to generate revenue from foundations, funders and philanthropists to support the work of the synagogue. Candidate will be an experienced development professional with a proven track record of fundraising success and significant experience in major gifts, corporate and special events, and general campaign management.
- Create, coordinate and execute fundraising.
- Manage a portfolio of donors, which includes individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
- Research and develop new prospects and cultivate and maintain relationships.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and directing successful campaigns with particular emphasis on major gifts development, sponsorships, personal solicitations, community and special events, planned giving, foundation grants, endowment support, and campaign public relations.
- Maintain strong and positive relationships with funders and donors through timely, well-written progress reports, recognition events, and oversee strategic follow-up with donors and prospects.
- Developing a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Developing strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions at all levels.
- Coordinating with Synagogue leadership on development policies, marketing initiatives, annual development goals, and participation in all programs.
- Pairing existing Board members with high-level prospects.
- Develop and maintain a tracking, calendaring, and tickler system for all grants, including proposal submissions and reporting deadlines.
- Manage the grant proposal and reporting process by serving as the coordinator to ensure that all the information needed for the grant is gathered in a timely fashion. This includes communicating with staff about grant goals, outcomes, and deliverables that relate to their work and ensuring that the information (including data, budgets, etc.) needed is collected accordingly.
- Develop clear system for tracking progress with grantors from identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, to continued stewardship.
- Ensure submissions, grant agreements, and reporting deadlines are met.
Your Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision and plan for increased financial resource development results.
- Strong background in developing, coordinating, and leading Fundraising initiatives.
- Proven, successful experience in Grant Writing (full life-cycle).
- Self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer leadership.
- Flexible, creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, create new giving opportunities and programs.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Ability to handle information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize projects along with strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility with schedule (occasional morning, evening and weekends).
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Potential for working remotely.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, along with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org