Details: Salary dependent upon experience
15600 Mulholland Drive
American Jewish University (AJU) is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director of Advancement. This position reports to the Director of Advancement who in coordination with will identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to maintain and increase giving. The Associate Director will plan and execute fundraising strategies and activities for various departments and programs of AJU and develop both long and short-range operational plans to strengthen, grow and track the progress of gifts. The Associate Director will maintain an updated list of prospects; devise effective donor strategies and recognition opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and research potential gift opportunities for specific departments and programs of the University. In consultation with Director of Advancement, solicit donors and prospects.
- Plan, organize and help to implement all fundraising activities for donors including but not limited to special events, donor recognition, house parties, and cultivation visits.
- Guide the prospect management work of the Dean and/or Director of assigned school or program, including the identification of prospects and appropriate cultivation moves. In coordination with members of Advancement Team, implement and execute on a moves management system within Raiser’s Edge and ensure donor moves and touches are tracked.
- Manage direct mail program for current, lapsed and prospective donors.
- Provide advisory board support for assigned programs. Cultivate and solidify relationships with members of these boards.
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure that donors remain connected to AJU and in a position to better understand the positive impact of their gifts.
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and outreach. May research and reach out to potential corporate sponsors or contributors.
- Participate in advancement-related functions such as marketing, social media, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics and post-event follow-up based on individual skills and University and department needs.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five years of work experience in a fundraising related capacity
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, preferably in the non-profit education and/or Jewish community
- Experience in donor cultivation, stewardship and special events
- Good organizational and administrative skills including the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge
Minimum Education Required