Summary of Position:
Panthera, the wild cat conservation organization, is seeking a skilled writer and editor with non-profit experience to develop standout creative campaigns and content for our social media, email, website and print communications.
With your storytelling prowess and passion for our mission, you will create dynamic written and visual content that compels audiences to join us as donors and activists in an urgent movement to save disappearing wild cat species and their landscapes.
As the steward of Panthera’s brand voice, you will work with scientists in the field and conservation leaders to make our stories accessible and engaging to a wide variety of stakeholders wherever and however they connect with us.
The ideal candidate will have a reporter’s curiosity and scientist’s appetite for facts to inform their writing, as well as a marketer’s desire to analyze performance metrics to better serve and expand our audiences. They should be able to work comfortably within and across teams with the confidence to bring big ideas to the table, as well as to develop and support others’.
- Plan and manage Panthera’s content calendar
- Manage Panthera’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and emerging platforms
- Write and edit posts for our Field Notes and Journey of the Jaguar blogs
- Develop and implement digital fundraising campaigns, including writing appeals
- Produce monthly email newsletter and other email communications
- Create new content for Panthera’s website and update existing content
- Working with Panthera’s graphic designer, produce annual reports, infographics, fact sheets, video vignettes, ads, and other marketing materials
- Manage Communications Department interns
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 5-7 years experience in non-profit communications, preferably in the wildlife conservation, science, or environmental sector
- Exceptional writing, editing and storytelling skills. Ability to make complex, scientific information accessible and engaging to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven track record of creating successful online fundraising campaigns
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Capable of managing projects and leading teams; Basecamp experience desired
- Detail-oriented with excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality material under tight deadlines
- Creative, energetic contributor who works well within and across teams
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and change course on a dime
- Results-driven performer with experience with Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights and other tracking tools preferred
- Technologically confident, with experience in MS Office, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms required, as well as blogging platforms and website CMS
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter, plus three writing samples that show the range of your experience relevant to the above to email@example.com.
Applications received without cover letters will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
Panthera is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/H/V