The Resource Development (RD) Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Specialist provides technical assistance for the management of the CRM, StratusLIVE (Microsoft Dynamics), and Council data needs. They will serve as a resource to the Operations Team and ensure organizational effectiveness by implementing strategies, policies, practices, daily gift entries, and day-to-day operational and reporting needs. Additionally, the Specialist will assist with accurate analysis of all charitable data transactions.
Reporting to the Director, RD Operations, the RD CRM Specialist will play a key role in assuring daily gift entries are timely and accurate. Additionally, they will also assist the RD Operations Team in implementing Council’s vision, goals, and needs for our fundraising systems and operations. The RD CRM Specialist is responsible for providing proactive data analysis.
- Assist with developing and implementing policies, procedures, and automated processes to ensure efficient flow of data, smooth integration between systems, and the confidentiality and security of consumer/constituent information.
- Assist with the development and ongoing maintenance/updates to business rules, regulating data hygiene, operational policies, and data flows/availability in the CRM (and how staff are involved or interact with these policies).
- Ensure data is entered into the database consistently and timely and according to industry guidelines (CASE and IRS).
- Guide the organization related to non-profit industry standards, Council’s policies, and industry best practices.
- Assist with the creation of new processes and services to improve data quality.
- Assist with the coordination of data hygiene and enhancement of projects such as database de-duping, address updates, data cleanup, mass updates, data appends, and other strategic initiatives.
- Assist with the training of staff on database policies and procedures.
- Produce, or assist with financial, analytical, and demographic reports and dashboards and retargeting lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested.
- Produce data, lists, and reports for teams across Council as needed and/or requested.
- Prepare revenue reporting for the resource development team. Work closely with the Director, RD Operations on the approval and dissemination of these reports, including:
- o Financial monthly closing, auditing, and weekly reporting
- o Gift entry and validation
- o Pipeline reporting
- o Proposal uploads
- o Contact info updates
- o Revenue reporting
- Assist with the Acknowledgement Process and work with the Director, RD Operations on content and signatures.
Data Analysis Duties:
- Provide proactive data analytics related to trends in fundraising, segmenting of lists to identify donors, and so forth.
- Ensure to continue with more in-depth segmentation based on the analytics to identify targeting efforts.
- Identify and help create custom weekly reports for the RD Leadership team to assist in pipeline management, revenue, and action items, and other ad-hoc or specialized reporting as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years’ experience in systems, accounting, and/or development operations, specifically in database management, reporting, and office productivity packages.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience and certification preferred, or experience with other CRM and data management systems in a fundraising and marketing support capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of non-profits, gift entry and administration, donor stewardship, database administration, records management, and IRS regulations regarding charitable giving.
- Must have an understanding of the types of data, reports, and analyses needed to support the fundraising efforts of a large non-profit.
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools, including Google Analytics, Excel, and SQL and MAS500 or related financial and accounting software packages preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, political astuteness, and a strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and use logic and analysis to troubleshoot software problems.
- Ability to exercise decisiveness and sound judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative solutions.
- Must be able to perform in a team-oriented environment and have strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to communicate technical matters to non-technical audiences and translate fundraisers’ needs into cost-effective technical solutions.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 5% of the time (local, regional, national). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- RD CRM Analyst
- RD CRM Manager
- Sr. Manager, RD Operations
- Director, RD Operations