Survivor Advocacy Coordinator
Local Applicants only
Full-Time 40 . hours/week), Exempt Compensation: DOE
Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112 Website: www.ywca-sv.org
Department: Support Services Departme
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination·,services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Survivor Advocacy Coordinator.
Reporting to the Community Support Manager, the Survivor Advocacy Coordinator:
• Provides direct advocacy and accompaniment, emotional support and counseling,case management, and community referrals to individuals and families impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
• Identify barriers to services and advocate for higher quality of services with external service organizations.
• Organizes the daily coordination of services, including requests for community support and advocacy services, distributing assignments and referrals among the team to ensure appropriate caseloads
• Coordinates and supervises the work of other program staff, volunteers, community members and vendors in the absence of the Manager; holds on-going case reviews and provides timely feedback and guidance to staff.
• Build relationships with law enforcement agencies and community organizations by providing training and outreach to increase community awareness of survivor services.
• Maintains accurate and confidential records (hard copy and soft copy) of client services (service plans and achievements) and demographics and updates records on a timely basis.
• Delivers afterhours support via an on-call rotation to provide in-person support to survivors and serves as afterhours emergency point of contact along with Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a high level of self-awareness, emotional intelligence and demonstrated strength-based leadership skills. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations. Key to success the ability to prioritize and make effective decisions; and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion.
• Candidates must have Bachelor's degree in social services field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidates must have three to five years of work experience in a social justice or social services environment.
• Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience in confidential data management and record keeping.
• An ideal candidate will possess knowledge of sexual assault and domestic violence issues, trauma and survivor- centered service provision.
The ideal candidate is a warm, highly organized self-starter deeply committed to leading from a strengths-based,social justice and anti-oppression framework. Prior coordination, case management, or program experience is a plus. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are highly preferred but not required.
Work hours are primarily Monday through Friday, including some evenings. On-call duties are required and you will serve as back-up support for the Sexual Assault Response Te9m and point of contact for emergencies. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds.
<img src="//:0" height="141" width="2">
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver's license, and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 65-hr California State Sexual Assault Counselor certifications. (Trainings will be provided).
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with "Survivor Advocacy Coordinator" in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: April 23rd, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the YWCA. We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone. The YWCA Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required