Details: Salary - commensurate with education and experience
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. By participating in Jumpstart’s yearlong program, children develop the language, literacy, and social and emotional skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path for lifelong success. Since 1993, Jumpstart has trained 47,500 college students and community volunteers to transform the lives of over 110,000 preschool children nationwide. Jumpstart is also a proud member of the AmeriCorps service network. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Finance and Award Administrator plays an integral role in supporting Jumpstart’s Finance team in all aspects of the department’s work. This customer-service oriented role is responsible for cultivating and strengthening relationships with site staff, site fiscal staff, and other staff members across the organization. The Finance and Award Administrator is expected to build and maintain a high-level view of the connection between Finance and Jumpstart’s field and site staff and coordinate and implement systems accordingly. The individual in this position is instrumental in supporting national initiatives that have a direct impact on field operations, in particular a high level of attention to compliance in terms of finance, grants management, and AmeriCorps rules and regulations. The Finance and Award Administrator is a highly visible and collaborative role and plays a lead role in educating and offering training and support to the organization and appropriate stakeholders. The position reports directly to the Controller.
· Support monthly and quarterly reporting and invoicing to AmeriCorps commissions.
· Support regular budgeting and reporting requests for private foundations and corporations.
· Support member stipend review process in conjunction with other Finance staff and support site staff with member stipends.
Field Fiscal Support:
· Take lead on providing helpful and timely customer service to sites and site fiscal staff, including providing impromptu training and ongoing inbox management.
· Provide a lead support role in site fiscal support in areas such as the Site Application Process, Cooperative Agreements, Mid-Year Check Ins, Budget Modifications, and year-end closeout.
· Work with Senior Contracts Manager to ensure smooth and timely mid-year check in and year-end closeout processes for sites.
· Support University fiscal representatives in completing and submitting monthly Periodic Expense Reports (PERs).
Systems, Data, and Knowledge Management:
· Assist with data entry and management of Jumpstart’s PER system.
· Create and maintain Finance-led trainings for site staff and other stakeholders.
· Manage and maintain Finance section on Jumpstart’s intranet.
· Create and update site informational documents and templates.
· Identify and support system connections, relationships, and integrations as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
• Desire to engage in extensive relationship building and collaboration
• Consistent service orientation and commitment to excellence and professionalism
• Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Systems-minded approach with proven project management skills
• Ability to plan, implement, and balance multiple responsibilities and projects while performing at a high level in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Eagerness to solicit feedback, propose solutions, and demonstrate flexibility and desire for continuous improvement
• Commitment to participation as a critical member of the finance team and a part of the larger organization
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision plans; generous PTO and sick time; paid holidays; and a 401k plan with an employer match, along with a great work environment!
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.