Details: Compensation is competitive for the Monmouth County area non-profits and will be based on the selected candidates experience, education and salary history.
PO Box 70
Family Promise of Monmouth County, a non-profit 501c3 affiliate of the Family Promise National organization, is seeking an energetic, inspiring, creative, and conscientious individual to lead the agency and its emergency hospitality network providing for homeless families with children. The Executive Director is responsible for overall operations, financial management, fundraising, and marketing/public relations for the agency. The program design includes a network of over 40 congregations and 1,500 faith based volunteers, and 4 staff to provide shelter, meals, transportation and case management with a goal of providing guest families with restored independence and sustainable housing.
To oversee the provision of case management to families experiencing homelessness and to coordinate the program components of Family Promise of Monmouth County—host congregations, volunteers, referring and supporting agencies, day center, and transportation—for the effective delivery of services to homeless guests. The candidate is expected to fulfill the vision of helping homeless families get back into sustainable and permanent housing while providing empathy for the mission and guest families in the network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clearly understand the mission and vision of the organization and continuously work to promote Family Promise of Monmouth County and achieve its goals.
- Coordinate and administer all components of the Affiliate shelter program – Host Congregations, Volunteers, Community Agencies, Day Center, and Transportation.
- Oversee provision of case management to all guest families.
- Train coordinators and hosts in all new host congregations, and conduct annual volunteer training thereafter.
- Plan Family Promise Committee (aka Network Committee) agenda and convene the Family Promise Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain records on Affiliate operations and guests’ progress. Provide reports for the Board of Trustees and as required for funding sources. Provide annual statistics and other information to Family Promise.
- Hire and supervise staff.
- Be on call for emergencies during off-hours as scheduled.
- Manage daily expenses and other operational duties as requested by the board.
- Oversee the safety and cleanliness of the Day Center facilities through staff and guest policies.
- Work with the board president to plan board meetings. Work with board committees as necessary.
- Represent the Affiliate to the public and the media.
- Coordinate master schedule of host congregations, updating as necessary to reflect ongoing changes.
- Participate in fund development, responsible for grant writing in conjunction with the board.
- Oversee donor and grant tracking systems to maintain and grow donor base.
- Understand the technical aspects of managing a nonprofit organization.
- Solicit guidance from experts and provide recommendations to the Board and staff.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of the position and keeps job knowledge up-to-date.
The Director reports to the Board of Trustees of Family Promise of Monmouth County.
The successful candidate for Director is an enthusiastic individual with good judgment, compassion for others and a demonstrated track record of leadership.
Education and Experience
- Masters in appropriate discipline, MSW preferred
- Five years experience in a social service environment
- Experience with a population experiencing homelessness a plus
- Experience in volunteer management
- Problem solving skills: ability and experienced in counseling people experiencing homelessness
- Communication skills, oral and written: ability to make presentations to large groups
- Planning and organizational skills: ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Supervision skills: ability to manage and oversee a staff of 4
- Leadership skills: ability to make decisions, solve problems, delegate tasks and responsibilities
The Director works a 40-hour week. Additional hours and weekends may be required for certain activities. After hours, the Director is on call for emergencies.
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Time Off
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Compensation is competitive for the Monmouth County area non-profits and will be based on the selected candidates experience, education and salary history.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume and may be emailed to Elaine Young at email@example.com , please no fax, mail or in person applications.