The Global Data Solutions Associate serves as the Salesforce administrator for Room to Read’s Global Solutions Database (GSD) and ensures that tools, systems and processes are in place for staff to collect, report on and use our program data as effectively as possible. In addition to managing the day-to-day administration of this Salesforce instance, the Global Data Solutions Associate will work with local and international office staff to define business requirements, identify opportunities for system enhancements, support the development of technical solutions and lead user adoption efforts. As a member of Room to Read’s Program Operations team, the Global Data Solutions Associate will develop a deep understanding of the organization’s programs and over time become a subject matter expert on systems relating to programmatic data management. The ideal candidate will be passionate about strategically using data and improving systems to support Room to Read's mission as we seek to scale our global impact. The position is based in Room to Read’s Global Office in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Program Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implementation Management, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Perform Salesforce administration tasks in response to changing business requirements, including managing user access and sharing settings; updating data sets; and customizing objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validation rules and automations.
- Build reports and dashboards, particularly for the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation team to calculate and track global indicators of progress towards program objectives.
- Field support requests, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and enhance end-user understanding of database and use of data for decision-making.
- Lead scoping and implementation of (front-end) enhancements to GSD. Gather requirements, design solutions and test and deploy changes to production.
- Develop training materials, train end users (including power users located abroad) and communicate changes to relevant staff following release of new enhancements.
Training and Technical Support
- Lead user adoption efforts in local and global offices by conducting trainings and developing and maintaining centralized repository of training materials and documentation. Draft GSD Help lessons and administer ScreenSteps application.
- Manage GSD Power User group, based worldwide, by facilitating quarterly calls; onboard new power users; and, as time goes on, facilitate capacity-building in local and global offices so that users are better able to help themselves.
- Process change requests by creating new records in GSD to reflect revised targets.
System Management & Coordination
- Partner with Program Operations Director/Salesforce Applications Developer/IT to formulate strategic vision for GSD and develop roadmap for overall Salesforce ecosystem. Work with change advisory committee to prioritize enhancements in alignment with that vision. Gather initial requirements, assess feasibility of solutions and provide recommendations for project priority.
- Assess data being collected by other tools at Room to Read to determine how current database and other technology solutions might be integrated to support the monitoring and reporting needs of local and global offices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment, with at least 1-3 years’ experience as an administrator on the Salesforce.com platform or other relational database application.
- Excellent project and data management skills; highly organized and thorough with keen attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring data integrity
- Solution-oriented, creative problem solver; quick to identify opportunities for the automation of work processes
- Ability and desire to learn independently and grow technical skillset
- Passion for effective data presentation through reports and dashboards
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to gather business requirements, scope and plan projects, and implement, deliver and document custom solutions
- Exceptional communication skills in English; ability to communicate technical information simply and effectively both in-person and remotely (particularly with users/stakeholders for whom English is not a first language)
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Proven track record of achieving results in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Ability and desire to travel internationally (up to 10%)
- Salesforce administrator certification
- Experience collating and standardizing data from different sources to support better decision-making
- Some facility with or interest in learning querying and filtering languages and formulas
- Prior success as member of a multi-national team
- Prior experience building relationships and training others over a distance
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled