Details: depending on experience
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Non-exempt - Hourly
Schedule: 40 hours per week; some evenings and weekends required.
Salary Range: $41,600-$49,900 depending on experience
Benefits: Raphael House offers a full range of benefits including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance, Simple IRA match, and professional development opportunities.
Application Deadline: Open until Wednesday, July 25 at 12pm
For more than 40 years Raphael House of Portland has helped domestic violence survivors and their families find safety, hope, and independence. Our emergency shelter serves individuals and families fleeing intimate partner violence, and we proudly provide family-centered, culturally responsive, and gender-inclusive services. We also work to break the cycle of violence via prevention education and have been providing training in local schools and throughout the community for more than a decade. Approximately 40% of Raphael House’s $2.5M budget comes from the generous contributions of individuals, foundations, and corporate partners.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Manager establishes and grows meaningful relationships with donors in support of our programs, and helps to coordinate annual fundraising events. This role also supervises our data entry, gift acknowledgement, and revenue collection practices. They work closely with the Donor and External Relations Manager and Foundation Relations and Communications Manager to achieve annual goals. With the right fit, we envision that this role will become part of our collaborative management structure, helping to lead the development team and participate in agency leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Donor and External Relations Manager and Foundation Relations and Communications Manager to create annual development plan and budget.
- Steward existing donors and cultivate new relationships with individuals and community partners. Build long-term relationships, maximize engagement, and increase revenue.
- Analyze donor data and giving trends to enhance donor communications, acknowledgements, retention, moves management, and gift tracking.
- Oversee and strengthen monthly donor program and communications.
- Coordinate annual Gala logistics such as working with vendors and contract event planning services. Oversee budget and event plan, procurement of auction packages and other in-kind donations, and work collaboratively with development team to execute successfully and exceed fundraising goals.
- Execute annual “Restaurants for Raphael House” dine-out fundraiser. Recruit and engage businesses, oversee promotion and materials, and activate participate.
- Manage donor-related aspects of annual Holiday Program, including recruiting and supporting donation drive hosts, developing materials, and coordinating donation events.
- Oversee and support outside-organized fundraising events and campaigns. Engage with supporters to raise funds through house parties. Develop event materials and guidelines.
- Supervise data entry and gift acknowledgement practices. Work with Office Manager and Development Associate to ensure donor management and communication best practices (in DonorPerfect and Greater Giving) are followed agency-wide.
- Represent the agency in public venues and events, and work in tandem with the Donor and External Relations Manager and the Executive Director to advance agency goals and raise awareness of our services and needs.
- Participate in at least one agency committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in development, event management, and/or donor relations with a proven record of fundraising success.
- Strong relationship building, networking, and public speaking skills.
- Experience in event planning and execution, including managing budgets.
- Preferred experience developing donor solicitation and stewardship programs, campaigns, and practices.
- Passion for Raphael House’s mission. Preferred candidate has a commitment to social change.
- Completion of 40-hour domestic and sexual violence advocacy training OR expectation that training will be completed within first six months of employment (provided internally).
- Excitement about participation in a collaborative team structure with shared responsibility and success.
- Excellent and respectful interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and organizational skills with a positive attitude and good sense of humor!
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to work under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and database management systems (Donor Perfect and GreaterGiving or equivalent).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Current valid Oregon driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to travel to events in the community and transport materials.
Work Environment: This position will work in a traditional, but fast-paced setting. Must be able to work under deadlines and under stress-inducing conditions. Must be able to sit for long periods and move throughout the building and at offsite events. A domestic violence agency environment can potentially shift from stable to highly-charged and all employees must remain flexible, calm, and creative.
Raphael House offers a full range of benefits including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance, Simple IRA match, and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed Raphael House employment application form (found on our website at the link below) to Amanda Ives at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 4110 SE Hawthorne Blvd. #503 Portland, OR 97214. All three application materials must be received in order to be considered. If any of the three application materials are missing or incomplete, your submission will not be considered. No phone calls, please. This position is open until Wednesday, July 25 at 12pm.
Download our employment application form at http://raphaelhouse.com/about/job-openings/.
Raphael House of Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer